pasta.

"I'm gonna take a shower."

Vivian and Luke were finally out of the hospital, it was nearly 11 pm, and the two of them were exhausted. Luke found a hotel and booked a last minute room and packed Vivian up and took her there.

After being in the hospital the whole day, getting questioned and tested, Vivian just wanted a shower.

"Alright, sweetheart," Luke sent Vivian a small smile. "I'm gonna pick up some dinner. I'm not sure what, I'll find something at Safeway."

Vivian nodded firmly. "Okay. I'll be here, I promise."

Luke kissed her head firmly. "I know. I love you."

Luke grabbed the keys to the car he rented and left the room with a small wave to Vivian.

After he left, Vivian let out a large breath she'd been holding in for a while and face planted onto the hotel bed. A lot of thoughts rushed through her brain.

She finally picked herself up and grabbed pajama shorts and Luke's spare t-shirts before heading to the bathroom and turning on the hot shower.

Vivian took her clothes off before stepping inside the hot shower — letting the water fall over her body.

She felt her eyes becoming blurry with tears — she tried to stop it — but they just kept falling.

An hour later, Luke returned with the dinner. Vivian was sitting on her choice of hotel bed, her hair wet and in normal braids.

"I brought dinner," He said, holding it up in his hand with a smile. "Hungry?"

Vivian set her book down and nodded. "Yes."

Luke laid out a bunch of food he found would be good. He bought pasta from one of Vivian's favorite places here in Rhode Island, and a salad from her favorite salad place. Along with a bunch of small snacks such as chips, fruit snacks, cookies, etcetera.

"Pasta," Vivian said with a small smile on her face.

Luke handed her a plastic fork and said, "Eat up, baby."

The two sat down and turned on a movie, eating silently. Vivian glanced at Luke a couple times.

While the situation at hand was bad, and while the whole thing was not a good thing to be in, Vivian was glad she would be going home with the right parent this time.