16th Chapter - Fear

"I am home~," said Y/n entered the house. But, he looked surprised after he looked at his mother waiting for him in the living room. His mother looked at him with suspicion and intimidation.

     "I want to know your reason why did you always come home late?"

     Y/n gulped and tried to avoid eye contact with her. "I am just hanging out with one of my friends. That's alright, mom. You shouldn't worry"

     Her mother keeps looking at him and gets up from her seat. She walked slowly towards him and hugged him tightly. "You are not lying right, Y/n?"

     "I am not mom, really"

     "Is that Chloe-chan?"

     "No. It was someone else, but she was a really good friend of mine."

     Y/n's mother touch his face softly and looked at Y/n pained, "Don't make me worry too much, Y/n. I am begging you" she said.

     Y/n felt guilty and hugged his mother tightly "Everything is alright now mom" he said. He looked at his mother and smiled "You don't have to worry about me okay?"

     Y/n's mom patted his head "Alright." and smiled. After that, Y/n's mother went to the kitchen and took one plate of rice "By the way, the cultural festival is so near right? What are you going to do there?"

     Y/n was shocked at the question "Um... Nothing because I don't know what to do anyway" he said while sitting at the dining table.

     "Two weeks right? Should I come th-"

     "That is alright! I didn't do anything special anyway, so... it's alright!"

     "Hm.... Still, I want to be with my son~ So, mom will be there, okay?"

     "O- Okay." He tried to finish the conversation because he knew that if he tried harder to refuse his mother, she would be suspicious. Y/n went to his room and lay on the bed, "Hmm- the cultural festival is already close huh? I think I should try harder too."

      Tomorrow Y/n spent so much time on his practice with Chloe because the cultural festival was already in front of their eyes. "Y/n, you did well," said Chloe.

     "Of course! Thanks for your help too, Chloe-chan~" He patted her head and that made Chloe happy.

     "How about me? Am I doing a good job, Y/n?"

     "Well, Chloe-chan always dazzling on the stage so it's alright~" 

     "Hehe. THANK YOUUUU~~"

     After that, Y/n and Chloe went home together and spent time together

     After that, Y/n and Chloe went home together and spent time together. Chloe accompany Y/n to his house, and Chloe's father took Chloe to his house. 

     "What are you both doing until this late?" asked my mother.

     "A date~~ Y/n's mom," said Chloe. Chloe knew that she has to keep the fact that Y/n was in the theater club a secret. And the fact that Y/n's mom trusted Chloe, it made easy to tell a lie to her mother.