Mehejash was astounded, he was being beaten, by a mere witch, that wasn't possible, it couldn't be. "Watch as your so called horror dies." Ben called out as the hydra lunged for the serpent and tore it apart as each head sunk its razor sharp fangs into the beast and tore it off. Then all three shades released black flames not only on the serpent but Mehejash aswell and in an explosion that rocked the school miles away, the beasts roared in victory.  "Now my children, give me your strength." Ben asserted as the beasts went back into the summoning circle but the valve which opened the power to Ben was open and flowing, he knew Mehejash was stalling to regain much of his power, and he had, now this would decide everything, this was their final battle. "Never in my time would there have been a powerful creature such as you, a worthy rival." He called out as his body grew bigger, tougher and powerful. "I would have never needed to use this power if it wasn't for what I see in those eyes of yours, you're not completely using the full extent of your abilities, I can tell, I've been holding back a few, but now I cannot, you've proven you're worthy of all my power, and I will give it to you." Mehejash added as Ben did not reply, there wasn't a need. He just kept three reserves close at hand but fully opened himself to his demonic given power, his witch magic and his gifts,  allowing all to be amplified by his shades.

Mehejash was the first to attack as he slashed upward with his claws aiming to strike Ben but he moved faster and flipped onto the now larger mystics neck, and used his legs to spin him around and bring him down to the rocky ground, Mehejash flipped to his feet and aimed a beam of his power at Ben which he cut with a frozen blade imbued with shades, then blasted Mehejash with his own power, as he waved it off —Ben was there to punch into his gut making him cough blood onto the ground, the larger mystic groaned as he clamped his fists together and hit Ben across his ribcage effectively throwing him back but like his eyes his body took on the features of a cat and he landed gracefully whilst where he was hit —steamed, the damage being healed instantly. A bow and arrows appeared in Ben's hands aiming for Mehejash, each arrow was cut or destroyed before it got to him but then exploded as he moved forward, the smoke created cover for the witch as he leapt forward and attacked, punching Mehjash's body over and over again until he screamed releasing waves of aura that destroyed the smoke, he materialized spears all aimed at his opponent and Ben did well to dodge them all with his unnatural grace, as he dodged the last one Mehejash was there delivering a fist to his stomach that caused him to cough out blood, he didn't stop, he rammed Ben into the wall, then blasted him with raw energy that sufficiently damaged Ben, but he didn't slump to his knees, instead he hissed, and lunged for Mehejash, punching him over and over again that it reverbertated in the air, then a swift round house kick that blasted Mehejash into a crater wall, Ben summoned the strength off all his neo beasts into his arms and began pounding the larger mystic into the wall, it was a wonder that Mehejash could withstand so much force as Ben hit him over and over again until another hole was created where he was, then Ben created a mini sun which he grew to accomodate Mehejash, and set it on him, the force of the sun combusting wasn't to be taken lightly it tore apart Mehejash, ripped his left arm off and broke his leg

It felt as if his whole body turned to mush as it pounded and in a glorious explosion Mehejash was brought to his knees. When the debris was settling a crystal white glow overcame Mehejash, he couldn't stand being beaten like this, he wouldn't and so he became what he was hated for, a devourer of chaos. All the carnage around them began feeding him, defiling him until he regained his power but he wouldn't waste it, he poured it into one last blast, a sphere of concentrated power, like the previous attack he made on the witch, this was five times more powerful, half a continent would be destroyed and Ben also knew that, so he let slivers of his power flow off him, golden wisps of time and power, he too would need all his power to pull this off so he poured everything he had as the strands of his power created an invisible net around Mehejash which would connect the moment he shot his attack at him, for the attack itself he only needed to absorb most of its power then cancel it out but it was no easy feat.

As Mehejash released the attack he set on Ben, it hurtled toward him, a sphere of purple burning energy threatening to devour everything and it did. "Gods of time, —makers of fate, —heed thy call and grant me your power, Rah's true making." Ben cast his power over Mehejash cutting him off from his attack, he couldn't feed it anymore mana as his golden net weaved of time strands through vision made him immobile, as for the attack Ben summon six tetragrams that combined into one and he released it over Mehejash's attack cutting its momentum and absorbing a lot of its power pouring it into a reserve, then Ben held out his other hand and concentrated, a tornado was formed, its sheer power creating thunder clouds in  the sky as it was set to intercept Mehejash's attack and in explosive power, the attack was destroyed before it did any damage. "No!" Mehejash yelled as he struggled in the net. No one could speak once caught in the power of his godly trap, that's how powerful Mehejash was but that's all he could do, as Ben summoned the power he took from Mehejash and amplified it with the trap he was in, plus his shades, it came as a spear aimed at Mehejash, his own power would destroy the last of his immortality, —and Ben, he unleashed it, there was no cry, no wail, just pure unbridled raw energy that collided with Mehejash and this time tore him and his sliver of immortality to shreds, in an explosion akin to a volcano erupting underwater, it even caused tremors.

As Mehejash slumped on the lava hot ground, Ben fell to one knee, this was the curse of wielding so much power, it had its toll. "You are an abomination, a being that shouldn't exist." Mehejash mumbled as he forced himself to his feet, he was bleeding, most if not all his power spent. "Isn't that what they told you, the people who hated you because you wielded so much power." Ben replied as he floated up into the sky, he opened himself to all his power as golden wings appeared on his back, his skin lit up golden, healing and giving him a glow unlike any other, his eyes inverted, black with a golden catslit. "They hated you, for what you were, what you are now, evil didn't become you ancestor." Ben asserted as he snapped his fingers and the two of them were ported to where Mehejash first appeared. "You will imprison me again." He exclaimed but Ben shook his head in refusal and set one blast of golden energy on the prison destroying it completely, like the rift it was, it was closed as it burned away. "I will not imprison you, I will give you freedom, set you free, —but first, you must remember." Ben mumbled as he snapped his fingers and he along with Mehejash were taken to a garden, in front of them memories played out, memories of Mehejash before he was corrupted.

"How?" He demanded and Ben smiled. "Power is a burden but also a gift, I am guardian to lost souls that one day will need reminding of who they were before they became defiled." Ben replied as Mehejash looked at who he was and remembered, his soul let go, and he who was the simple man returned. Ben snapped his fingers again and they were taken back, tears flowed on Mehejash's face, to think this was the mystic who could end worlds. "Your time in this world has come to an end, farewell ancestor." Ben exclaimed as he opened his palm over Mehejash and unleashed his golden fire  burning his body and soul away, but Mehejash did not scream, or fight, he welcomed defeat. "Finally, I rest." He mumbled as his very being faded away to the sands of the afterlife, Anubis would guide him.

As Mehejash disappeared Ben looked to the setting moon, the sky changing colours, the morning was coming. "That was touching." Mael called out as he appeared from the ashes, Ben groaned, of course he'd appear now since the soul that possessed his body was now gone. "If only that could be said for you." Ben replied as an obsidian portal opened, from it large black wings appeared, the demon Hayes coming into being as he soared into the sky. "I'm not your opponent Mael, while it is true that I could easily crush you, I believe Hayes deserves that honour, to finally be rid of you." Ben replied as he nodded toward Hayes and his light shined so bright it blinded Mael, as the remains of his battle with Mehejash were reversed. After the blinding light Ben was gone, nature restored and a demon with a bone to pick remained.

"Shall we finish this, then?" Mael called out as Hayes drew out his blade. "Indeed."

+++

I know the lot of you wanted this, for Hayes and Mael to finally kill each other, see who truly was the strongest, hmm, next chapter then.

We are almost at the end of this book. I hope you're enjoying what I'd call the finale.

Vote + Comment + Follow + Share

Saint Jay.