chapter nine - Nightmares

~~~

~~~

Hello lovelies, author here, I'm just here to say that this chapter does contain a nightmare, which would include some mentions of death or psychological horror, some obscure themes and mentions of blood, so if this will trigger you please skip this chapter entirely. Just looking out for you lovelies, please take care of yourself too! Remember to drink water, eat properly and stay healthy! 

From: Author-Kun

~~~

It was all black, until I felt myself falling, falling for god knows how long but eventually crashing into water, I was falling slower, I felt like  I couldn't breathe, until everything around me changed, instead of cold dark abyss it was all red ...

It was all black, until I felt myself falling, falling for god knows how long but eventually crashing into water, I was falling slower, I felt like I couldn't breathe, until everything around me changed, instead of cold dark abyss it was all red water? I tried to swim up but I couldn't. Then the water disappeared and I was falling again. This time the fall was shorter, and I fell into a pile of leaves, i got up, it felt like I wasn't even me, I looked around me, and the scenery changed, it was no longer a pile of leaves in a beautiful park, it was a pile of dead bodies I stood up and walked down the hill of dead bodies, I realized then I was knee deep in blood. It wasn't water, no it was blood, it was raining blood. I saw my brother in the distance I tried to run to him but felt a hand grab my ankle, and another, on the other ankle, I held my hand out to him.

"Shun! Shun, please help me! I yelled but to no avail, he just turned around and looked at me, his face was blank, like there was no face there. I saw a figure behind him, very obviously towering over him, I saw the humanoid figure, it had a big round face with beady eyes and a bloody broken and evil grin plastered onto it, it had sharp bloodied teeth I watched it hold its long craggily hands, pick up my brother and drag him away.

I felt more hands hold onto me, pulling my arms back to cover my mouth and a lot of other places pulling me back. I was trying my best to push against them, they never covered my eyes. So I watched and screamed muffled pleads as I watched my brother get dragged to a door emanating bright red lights and once they went through, as if mocking me the monster peeked back at me as it closed the door. And I was dragged back down into the water. This time it was deep again, but now there were only five hands, one covering my arm and the other four dragging me down into the void.

I gasp in the air as I start free falling instead of being dragged down now. I land and get up. I see Ojiro i run to him and manage to hug him, but he collapses in my arms which makes me fall over, but when I see him his hair is stained with his own blood, and a gaping hole where his heart should be and a figure holding a bloodied bat and what I can only think is Ojiro's heart.

"No.. No... Please, Don't leave me, Don't you remember what you promised me Ojiro? That night? The day before I left? Please don't leave me alone. You promised me that no matter what we are going to live and grow old together? Even if we get married to other people we would still be best friends and die old together? Please not like this, not like this. Liar! You couldn't keep your promise did you?" I cried out and The same figure that took my brother took Ojiro from my arms. "No! No! This isn't fair! Please Not him too..." I said sobbing.

It did the same thing again this time i tried to run after them but I couldn't, because I dropped down into a room similar to that of the room Shun was taken away from, but this time the water was only ankle deep, and the dead bodies, instead of being in a pile were hung upside down from trees, i see people i once knew, an ex, a group of old friends, Luca... Asher... Saori... Manami... I keep walking and am greeted by a hill, I get up the hill, still surrounded by deep people hung from trees and at the very top of the hill, I see nekomaru, dead. On the floor, crows just standing there right next to my poor baby.

"Nekomaru? Nekomaru! No, No, No Please.'' I cried out as the hands took nekomaru away. I ran after him but tripped and fell down into a pit. Free falling again, I watched things float around me, chairs, pictures, phones, laptops, bats, balls, tables, clocks even, what the hell? Is this a scene from Alice in the wonderland? I was wrong, it wasn't because once I closed my eyes and opened them I saw myself, holding a bloodied bat, a pile of dead bodies under me, people I don't even know, fire raging in certain areas, but dead silence. Until voices started whispering obscure things I couldn't understand. I get down from the pile of dead bodies and walk down a bridge like thing. Towards a figure wearing black cloak. But then before I got to it, the bridge collapsed under me and I fell back into the water. It was cold, like freezing cold. And I just stopped falling.

No movement for what felt like a minute and then I got dropped into a little park. But there was nobody there, not even animals. And not to mention it was dark. The only things lit up were the lights above me and a fountain in the distance, to which I walked cautiously to, and luckily I didn't get dropped off anywhere. I looked at my reflection in the water and I saw myself, and the figure, the very same one that took Shun and Ojiro from me. I turned around to face it, I got to see it closer, its eyes weren't just beady, they were also dull, as if painted on, and its mouth was gaping. It was bigger than both the other times I saw it. Blood dripped from it. It didn't do anything to me, it just stared at me. And then pushed me into the fountain which made the water around me turn blood red.

"Your... friends... dead... your... brother... dead... your... crush... dead...gone... FOREVER...." it said in a static-like voice, like one you would hear from an old broken radio. "Sayuri... up... wake... up... WAKE UP." It yelled before I woke up and jolted up in a cold sweat and crying.

"Sayuri... you were having a nightmare... you okay?" he asked, holding me close. I hugged him and started sobbing.

"Don't you dare leave me alone! Don't you dare forget that damn promise!" I yelled into his chest.

"I won't, I won't forget the promise." He said in a very comforting tone.

"I need to go call Shun.. just to make sure of something." I said as I got up and away from him I picked up my phone, turned it on, put in my password and called shun. He picked up thankfully.

"Sayuri? I thought you were at the Chiyoda tribe's castle? Are you okay? Did they hurt you?" He asked worried but tired as fuck at the same time.

"I'm fine I'm fine, just needed to check something..." I said.

"You sound like you were crying, did you have a nightmare?" He asked.

"y-yes" I confirmed and told him my goodnights and hung up after he said his goodbye. I walked back over to Ojiro holding my phone close to me and getting back under the blankets.

 I walked back over to Ojiro holding my phone close to me and getting back under the blankets