***

"Mai, get in the ca-a-choo!" Ayako called as a gust of wind blew more of the rain on them.

But Mai wasn't listening to her. Her mind was preoccupied with the shadows she was seeing by the graves. "Monk! There's someone over there!" she exclaimed, as her friend jumped out of the car over to her. "Right over there-"

And just like that, the shadows were gone.

"Mai, what are you talking about?" he asked. Mai's mouth was wide open.

"But I-"

"Mai, it's been a long day, let's get you home."

***

November Day 1, 7:30 P.M.

Mai walked into her apartment, only then realizing just how cold she was from a night out in the rain. Now there were two ways she knew how to warm herself up, she could either make some tea or take a shower. It would take at least ten minutes to make the tea so...shower it is!

Granted, it probably took her the same amount of time to get warm, as it would have if she made herself tea, but at least she felt cleaner as she changed into her comfy clothes. She grabbed her notebook and checked out what work she was behind on. Another lesson from English, she sighed as she folded open her notebook and began reading the questions on the worksheet her teacher had provided for her. Small talk.

She answered the basic questions as truthfully as she could with her limited English, but the exercise was finished in minutes and it was onto directions. She read each question with care as she tried her best to answer them without using her dictionary.

BBBBBRRRRRRIIIIIIIINNNNNGGGGGGG!

The phone startled her out of her homework, but who would be calling her? No one calls me at this hour...she wondered to herself as she picked up the phone. "Hello?"

"Mai! I told you she would be home, Michiru!" Mai heard Keiko squeal.

"Fine, 2000 yen is yours!" Keiko grumbled.

"Okay, what's going on guys?" Mai rolled her eyes.

"Wanna go bowling!" they both exclaimed.

"You can't be on a case right now if you're home!" Michiru argued, trying to prove some sort of point.

"I just got back from day one, we're investigating a nearby cemetery so I don't need to stay in a hotel or anything. And what about bowling?"

"That bowling alley a few blocks from you, they're having a deal tonight and we miss you hanging out with us!"

Due to her recent cases, Mai had been lacking on her schoolwork, but so had her social life. Why don't you go out on your day off and hang out with friends or accept a date from whichever boy has been crushing on you in math class or whatever... She heard Ayako suggest from their previous case.

She's right. Mai decided.

"Sure, what time should I meet you there?" she agreed to exclaims of glee on the other line.

"Keiko!"

"Fine, here!"

"Were you guys really betting on me?" Mai raised a brow, despite the fact her friends could not see it.

"Sorry, Mai, but recently you haven't really wanted to do anything," Keiko apologized, Mai just sighed knowing it was true.

"Mai, just get ready, we have to pass your place to get there anyway, we'll be there in like twenty minutes," Michiru decided.