Bloody Mary on a Train

The Abercynon Railroad Station was surrounded by countless of guards. They were gawking at what one person, Richard Trevithick, would call a work of art. The train was the first of its kind and these were the first people to witness it in motion. It was such a special occasion that Pope Gregory thought it was the right opportunity to talk peace between the nations of England and Scotland.

The first ones to ride the train were going to be Queen Elizabeth of England, Mary the Queen of Scots, Pope Gregory and of course its creator, Richard Trevithick. The prestigious guests were already boarded while a ridiculous amount of guards stood watch at the station.

There were three groups of guards at the station, all standing at three different sections. Queen Elizabeth's guards watched the right side of the station while Mary of Scots' guards were at the left. Pope Gregory's holy guards were stationed right at the center, standing so mighty as if they were a gift from God themselves.

There was a commotion at the far right side of the station as the train was beginning to depart. "Shit," said one of Queen Elizabeth's guards. "It's her." He stood to the side and his fellow guards all followed suit.

Everyone of Queen Elizabeth's guards got out of the way as a woman in a blood red dress walked between them. A chill ran down their back as none of them were willing to make eye contact with the dark figure. While the woman by herself was a chilling figure, the three men who stood at her back were equally intimidating. There was a giant size of a man with a great sword on his back to match his physique. His name was Greg the Goliath.

The second man was a lot smaller and of Asian descent. He had such a serious look on his face that no one dared to make eye contact with him. On his belt were two katanas. His name was Oni.

Third man was not as intimidating as the rest, but Elizabeth's guards all knew better. The third man was a literal jester and like his occupation, he had a silly smile on his face as he waved at certain guards. His name was Jack the Jester.

The group reached Pope Gregory's holy guards who all stood at attention. There was an uncertainty to their stance, and a confusion as to why this woman and her men were allowed to get this close to the train.

"What is the meaning of this?" asked one of the holy guards. "Who are you?" The giant man growled at him, but he managed to stand his ground, even though his instincts were screaming to run.

Queen Elizabeth's guards whispered "Bloody Mary" and finally the holy guard realized who stood in front of him. "You're Bloody Mary," he said, his voice shaking. "You can't be here."

"Yet I am," she said.

"Leave," said the guard. "You weren't invited to this meeting."

"A grave mistake I'll be bringing up with your master," said Bloody Mary. "Now stand aside."

"No," said the guard with a tremble.

"The lady said move," growled Greg the Goliath as he took a step forward. A large group of the holy guards moved out of the way while some tried to hold their ground. The ones who held their ground were clearly terrified. Greg the Goliath gripped his sword. "I'm not going to repeat myself." The rest of the guards moved out of the way.

"Thank you," said Bloody Mary as she walked past them.

"If the Pope wanted you to be at the meeting, he would have invited you," said one of the holy guards, his head held down. "You should respect his wishes."

Jack the Jester stopped in front of the holy guard who spoke. "You think so? Because I think the Pope just forgot to invite our Mary."

The holy guard took a quick peek at the jester but quickly averted his eyes. "Maybe he did forget."

"Of course he did," said Jack. "A meeting this important needs to have the world's greatest leader present. Now you fellows have a great day." Jack skipped away and rejoined his group as they boarded the back of the train.

The train picked up speed and left the station. The guards had this terrible feeling that they let down their masters, but it was too late for them to do anything about it as the train left their sight.