A Multiverse of Gargoyles

Earth 2994

A spaceship blipped into a foreign land. It floated over a wasteland of what used to be the United States. Three men, a dog and a woman stood at the deck of a ship and in front of a window with a view of the land.

"What a shit hole," said Alex, and his dog, Mutt Daimon, gave a bark in agreement.

"Usually I would tell you not to be so negative, but this place does look terribly horrid," said Celi, a sword strapped on her back. "This place competes with my crap of an Earth."

"Remind me why we're here?" said Papo, his arms crossed as he looked down at the land.

"To find a replacement for my brother and Wono," said Lu, who was covered head to toe in black like a ninja. He turned his back on the group and went to the Captain's deck where the rest of the crew stood by. "We're sure there's a Junior and a Wono alive on this Earth, because it looks like the gargoyles have already won here?" Papo, Celi, Alex and Mutt Daimon joined Lu.

"Not only is there a Junior and a Wono alive on this Earth, but also a Lu and a Celi," answered Torta, who was an android working on the computer of the ship.

"You're telling me four of us have survived on this Earth," said Alex as he looked back at the wasteland. "Impressive, compared to the fact only two survived on mine."

Tirado appeared in the middle of the room like a blue ghost. He turned around and looked at the wasteland. "Eww. Where are we?"

"Nice of you to join us," said Fuhrer Delvis, who sat at the captain's seat. "Did you have a nice nap?"

"Oh I did."

"We're on Earth 2994. We're here to recruit replacement members for Junior and Wono. According to Torta, we have a Junior, Wono, Celi and Lu on this Earth."

"Is he sure about that, because everything looks dead?" said Tirado.

"Yes, I'm sure," said Torta. "There's a small civilization alive about fifty miles south."

"A civilization?" said Celi, shocked. "Are the gargoyles still alive?"

Torta tapped on the computer a couple of times before looking into the wasteland. "They're alive, and prospering."

"Great," said Alex. "I wonder what type of gargoyles we're dealing with." Mutt Daimon gave him a bark. "I doubt they're like the ones from our Earth." Alex stared out into the wasteland. "I don't think our gargoyles are capable of doing this."

"How's their technology?" Fuhrer Delvis asked Torta.

Torta returned his attention to the computer. "Not as good as ours, but there's no way to approach them without being detected."

Papo took a seat across from Delvis as everyone turned their attention to them. "So what exactly is the plan here? Recruit this Earth's Wono and Junior, then destroy the gargoyles?"

"See," said Delvis. "You already know the plan. I don't understand why you find it necessary to ask, then answer your own questions."

"Just making sure we're all on the same page before I make my point."

"And what's your point?"

"From all the Earths we've been to, where have you seen Celi abandon her sons? Both her sons are alive on this Earth. There's no way she's going to let one of them join our crew."

"He's right," said Lu. "If my mother has both her sons alive on this Earth, she's not going to let one go."

"Both Lu and Junior of this Earth are still alive," said Torta, annoyed. "I don't understand why you all act like I don't know this for a certainty."