8

woah, almost halfway to 2k reads? never expected this to get this far.
reminder to favorite for updates on chapters and play the songs i put on each chapter to feel how the chapter should feel!!

Zendaya had gotten tired of Toms bullshit and started talking to Jacob again to make him upset, and it worked. But it got them into more arguments. They'd date, take a break, date, take a break, it was an endless cycle.

7:50 PM
   Zendaya and tom were in hawaii for vacation since filming was delayed due to covid, they were sharing a room in a resort together. Tom walked out with a towel tied around his waist after finishing his shower, he went over to Zendaya shaking her so she'd wake up. "Z, wake up. You wanna go downstairs to play some games?" he said in a whisper. She slightly opened her eyes and yawned, "Mm, yeah. Sure." she got up and went on her phone while Tom was dressing. A few moments later, they were headed down to the casino. Tom was sat in-front of the bar and a nice girl sat next to him. Zendaya was playing card games, eyeing the two from afar. The girl was clearly flirting with Tom, and he flirted back. Z rolled her eyes annoyed, and eventually had enough of it. She slammed the cards onto the table making the dealer flinch. People were staring at her as she rushed over to Tom. Tom gulped seeing her coming over, he knew what he was doing and now he was scared. Zendaya grabbed his face towards her and whispered into his ear, "The fuck are you doing flirting with her back?" the girl awkwardly smiled at her while being death stared by z. Tom tried his best to avoid looking scared, he scratched the back of his head nervous. He tried to speak but couldn't get words out so he just pulled Zendaya off of him and kissed her. Zendaya was thrown back a bit but breathed in and out and kissed him back, "Jerk." she said underneath her breath. Toms kiss calmed her down a whole lot, it felt like a relief. Tom stood up and took Zendayas hand dragging her outside. "Let's calm down zendaya, I'm sorry. Can we have this night argument-free?" he said, his voice soft. She shook him off of her, "Not my fault you flirted with her." her arms crossed and turned away from Tom. He smiled finding her adorable, something about her when she was jealous made him love it so much. "Aren't we on a break though?" He hugged her tightly. She furrowed her eyebrows looking at him, "Yeah, we're on a break. Not a break up, and since we are, why would you kiss me Tom? Exactly." she was mad, not that mad now though. "Did you not like it?" he asked while looking innocently at her with a hint of mischief. Zendaya didn't say anything and just shook her head in response, just a minute later she was being dragged by Tom to the beach. She was still bummed out as he sat the both of them down on the sand, she leaned on his shoulder playing games on her phone. Tom took her phone and shoved it in his pocket "No phones, Z."
she nudged him and groaned, "Fine, 'dad'. You're so annoying." she remarked. He took her into his arms and laid her on his lap, gazing into the sunset. Zendaya was watching the sunset aswell, "We're toxic, we aren't good for eachother Tom." she said, sounding a bit sad. Tom nodded and sighed "I know Z, and I love it." he responded.
"When was the last time we could feel like this together, Tom?"
"When was the last time we could feel love for eachother? I don't even know how I feel about you, yet here I am." she continued
Tom put a finger over her lips, "Shh, I know. Don't talk, I just need you here with me."
Zendaya took his finger off of her and shook her head, "No Tom, you can't do this. We can't go on like this forever. I can't have us being together while I might not even love you the way you love me." she got up from his lap, sitting up straight.
Tom hugged his knees and buried his face into them, she'd be able to hear soft sniffles from him. He was crying and couldn't stop, "Zendaya, please stop talking."
Her eyes widened hearing him cry, she got close to him and lifted his head up to look at her "Hey, no no. Don't cry Tom, I'm sorry, we can still be together." She put her arms around him and hugged him.
He wiped his tears, "No, that's not what I want. If you don't know how you feel about me and we're together, it wont make it feel any different." Tom looked back down hiding his puffy eyes. She fixed his curly hair, tucking it behind his ears.
"Let me figure my shit out, okay? I have too much on my hands, and you do too."
"We'll be just as toxic, whether we're in love or not. I need you Z, I know I love you but I don't know how I could go about this. I'm miserable." his voice started cracking, Zendaya stood up and took his hand lifting him up. "Let's just go find something to eat, and go back to the room okay? I really want us to enjoy ourselves, we don't have long before the film delay ends."
Tom was silent, you could tell by his face he had cried. Z got infront of him observing his face, she'd wipe his dried up tears.
They walked together back into the resort and went to a buffet, the rest of the night was laughs and giggles. Something they hadn't done in a while.

The next day, they were snuggled up in bed. It was safe to say they were back together, well maybe. Zendaya and Tom woke up early because some of the spiderman producers and directors were planning to meet with the two stars. They got ready together and were in cute casual outfits. Soon they were driving to a restaurant and there stood a group of people waving at them. The two made their way inside and were immediately being talked to by the producer, what she had to say wasn't very pleasant to them. "Look, I know you guys have this whole thing going on. I told you before we started filming right? Don't date eachother, I mean you can but I don't recommend it. This isn't specific to you guys also, this is specific to every actor. Relationships aren't the best for actors, and I noticed you've had your troubles aswell. And—" she was interrupted by Zendaya.
"No, I think we're fine." she said respectfully. Tom was quiet as she spoke up, but he nodded agreeing.
"I'm really not sure if its gonna be good for you two. Especially because you're young actors." she insisted.
Tom still shook her head, declining. "I think we're done talking about this, is there anything else we can discuss more about the spiderman movie instead of our personal lives?" Zendaya responded, she was clearly a bit heated and the producer saw that so she shut up. "Right, okay then. Well we do have spiderman news." she nervously laughed. "Yeah, I think we're good Laura. Besides we aren't super serious." Tom said feeling bad for saying nothing. Zendaya was taken off guard by him saying they weren't serious but he was right and she didn't want to start another argument between them, especially because it was going smoothly. They spent the rest of the evening talking about filming delays and set locations.