His eyes snapped open. His head was in Mouse's lap. They were both naked. The fragrance of their passion filled his nostrils making him smile widely up at her. Her fingers were smoothing his hair away from his forehead as she hummed some beautiful melody he wished to hear forever.

She looked down into his eyes and searched his mind, smiling back at him. All his shields were still in place, but she was behind them with him. It was incredible. He was himself yet her at the same time.

"Are you feeling better?" she asked softly.

"Yes, what happened? Did I dream it?" He looked at the fang marks on her neck and knew he hadn't been dreaming as possessive desire rose inside him again.

She shook her head, and her feathers tickled along his arms. Mouse was his Valkyrie.

"It wasn't a dream. It was beautiful and erotic. I lack words. I decided that you should be my dragon. You agreed, so I claimed you for myself. I didn't mean to use my gift on you, it just happened, sort of. You were dying, I think. When we merged, I felt it, and well..."

She looked away shyly, but he knew. She took command of his magic. Holy shit, she asked him for it, and his dragon didn't deny her. He just gave it to her.

Winter blinked. Everything was light. He felt as if he weighed less. She had his magic, but she was his Valkyrie. She was supposed to have his strength.

Winter smiled up at her. She was everything. When he needed it, he could get it back, but as long as she wanted it, he wouldn't draw it back.

"How long was I out?" He asked her. He was afraid she was going to say days.

"Thirty minutes. You aren't angry with me?" She chewed her bottom lip. She was so cute. He just looked up at her as her fingers smoothed over his forehead again.

"Why would I be angry? You're everything. I wish to deny you nothing. If you want my magic, it's yours. My money is yours. You have my heart, and my body desires only to please yours. My very soul is at your command, my queen. Please, just say you'll let me love you. I need you." She searched his mind and knew the heart of her dragon.

She smiled a wicked smile at him full of desire. "I intend to have you love me. I was waiting for you to wake. I saw your need to make a report, and I borrowed your knowledge of how to build the mental shields you have. Yours will no longer work against me. Mine won't work on you either since we bonded. It doesn't matter. I think you might need to teach me the staff thing you're doing in a lot of your memories. They seemed to open up like YouTube videos for me. I'm sad that you were forced to do so much that you didn't believe was right. It won't happen anymore. You're mine now."

Misty had been reviewing his memories while he slept and stealing his secrets. She had copied what he'd spent centuries learning in a half an hour. He'd known she was powerful, but that was seriously impressive.

She knew the bad and the ugly about him, and she wanted to protect him? His Mouse was so compassionate. He fell further in love with her. She couldn't protect him. That was his job, but it felt good to know she wanted him to be safe.

She borrowed his knowledge of the gift and had already begun to use it. She was a true Queen of the Minds as he'd suspected. With his skills, none would be able to hurt her as they had before.

He wanted to teach her the staff and a million other things. He wanted to share eternity with his Mouse.

"You do know that I swore an oath to serve, right?" He asked, grinning at her belief that she owned him.

"Yes, but Luke's word is the law. He freed the dragons. You need to join the pack and be a man among men, an equal. I'm joining." He raised his eyebrows at that. When had she decided all that?

"Here, we share the load and contribute what we can to help each other. There's safety in numbers, and even fighters need helpers. Service here means loyalty to pack goals. Luke says that we have to use our minds and act as we know in our hearts is right. Otherwise, we'll fail."

His mouse wasn't dumb. She was very smart and even if she would never be any type of warrior wielding a sword, she was intelligent enough to know that she could help the effort in other ways.

"One man can't be everywhere all the time. We each have to try to do our part. I intend to ask him for you. He'll know that you're mine. He'll give you to me."

She smiled down at him. Mouse had granted him the ultimate freedom. The adrenaline rush was unbelievable. She was crazy in her belief that Luke would just give up a sworn dragon defender, but he didn't argue with her.

"Then I think we should get food and make a report. Veggie pizza?" he asked. She bent to kiss him. Then they hurried around getting dressed. They were both excited to make the report. 

Thank you for reading Ch 20. Please be kind and leave your review! -OK