12 Misty

By five in the evening on Thursday, Artie was shooing her out of the university. She needed a break. "Come on. A white dragon and an angel just arrived along with a new red dragon. Let's go see." She was tired and a bit of fresh air couldn't hurt so she nodded and tidied her workstation.

Artie grinned at her. Scorch and Moon followed them out along with Fury and Sky. Everyone was curious.

An angel and a white dragon were immortal ideas that she had heard mentioned. It was the first time anyone seemed to believe either concept existed in the flesh.

She had to admit her curiosity. It may well have been half the reason she enjoyed the library job. All the new information was exciting and she could still keep the quiet peace of books.

The idea that the magic at Draoithe called out to those who held magic was an interesting theory that seemed to be proven repeatedly by all the different immortals who found themselves there.

They walked over the wide driveway toward the house together. Life at Draoithe was certainly interesting. If a person wanted to, they could get lost in the news of the people that lived there or visited. Whole books could easily be written just on the immortal residents and their magic.

They arrived in the great room of the house just in time to see the meeting break up. The white dragon was a woman. That was odd, but it certainly explained why Fury thought of Sky as a little queen. The white dragon was a regal presence.

Scorch went down to one knee when she passed. The white dragon just sighed and shook her head. She didn't enjoy the reverential treatment and that made Misty respect her a bit.

Misty should have paid more attention to the archangel who was dressed in what could only be referred to as battle armor. If an angel from a graphic novel could come to life, the one walking out of the conference room was certainly it.

When the red dragon stepped out of the conference room following them while speaking with Ash, she got caught in his blue eyes. The effect was immediate and hypnotic. He stood across the expansive room and completely mesmerized her. She had never seen anything more enchanting.

He was about five foot eleven. His greying hair made him seem a little older, but his face was that of a man in his early to mid-thirties. The man was drop-dead gorgeous in the panty-melting kind of way.

No one at Draoithe was ugly. Well, maybe Cyrus wasn't that handsome. Not every man at Draoithe looked like a walking male model. She mentally rebuked herself for ogling all the handsome male figures that wandered the house and grounds every day.

Still, the red dragon man was sexy in a seriously dangerous way. He felt risky and tantalizing all at the same time. Misty should avoid him.

He also seemed somehow familiar. Her curiosity got the better of her and she inched toward him through the crowd to get a better look. If she was honest, she felt drawn to him in a way that was more intense even than the craziness she'd felt in her dream meetings with Winter.

His eyes locked with hers as the group walked past her and Artie. When they passed, he motioned for her to follow him as if he knew her and she should want to tag along with him. She wasn't sure, but the magnetic draw was overwhelming. Her hesitation was a lost cause.

All thoughts of avoiding him were blowing away on the breeze from the lake as she scurried through the gathering crowd to chase after a man. It felt silly, but she wasn't turning away.

Misty felt compelled to follow the red dragon. The sense of familiarity persisted. Misty was sure that they'd never met. There would be no way she would have forgotten his eyes, the dangerous risky allure, or the sexual haze of that instant attraction. No way.

They exited the house and walked across the driveway toward the garage. Misty followed them at a short distance still wondering what she thought she was doing. Her eyes never wanted to leave the pure masculine outline of a broad-shouldered man who had one hell of a walking away.

She saw the car on the hauler through the open door of the garage. It was beautiful, expensive, and fast. Its sleek proportions evoked an emotional response. Awe at elegance in a piece of machinery wasn't something she usually dealt with, but an Aston Martin Valkyrie was a bit more than an everyday kind of automobile.

She'd lived most of her life in California. She knew what an Aston Martin Valkyrie looked like, but never had she thought to see one so close. Those kinds of cars and the kind of money that accompanied them were far out of her league.

If the stranger owned that car, she knew he was something beyond any level of the game she might ever obtain. Not that he would ever look at a lowly cursed human. His appeal couldn't be denied though and she inched forward toward the car and the man.

Ash was looking at the car appreciatively, and Blaze pulled the new man into a bear hug when he stepped out of the van that was still hitched to the car hauler.

She eased into the shadows of the garage, hopeful to avoid the interest of the powerful immortals all gathered in the garage.

Misty just watched confused yet unable to escape the magnetism of the new man. She'd all but forgotten the angel and the white dragon in her need to assuage her curiosity over the new red dragon.

Ash and Blaze and the energy from their magical auras gave her more pause than the car did.

"Flash, you made it. Did you see Luke?" Blaze asked, grinning and happy to see the new dragon. His name was Flash. Misty stored that information away as she inched deeper into the darker shadows still questioning why she had followed him.

Ash was the Lord of Dragons. Power emanated from him even when he wasn't trying. The man the others whispered about as the dungeon master was so dark and edgy that Misty avoided him on principle. The dangerous risk surrounding the new dragon seemed immediately clear as she watched him interacting with Blaze. He seemed at ease with the darkness.

Blaze's Valkyrie, Jewel, was a sweet sorceress. She had healed Misty's broken arm when she first arrived at Draoithe and helped her get settled in her current apartment at the university. Seeing that Misty had everything she needed, Jewel had stopped by the library a few times to find out how she was doing. Her dragon, however, felt so dangerous that he pushed Misty away.

The new dragon and the dungeon master? They were old friends it seemed. Knowing all of that wasn't enough to break the magnetic pull that he seemed to exert on her even if it did increase her anxiety.

He was sexy and he ticked all the right boxes on the chemistry and attraction lists she'd made for seeking a partner. Not that anything like a relationship with a man like him or any man was a possibility. No one wanted a woman to take over their mind while in bed together.

The few times she'd tried that level of intimacy in a relationship with a man hadn't exactly gone well. They managed sex, but it always ended the relationship. It had hurt too much to keep trying after a few attempts so she'd given up.

Shaking the feeling of intimate acquaintance away from her encounter with Flash wasn't happening. She couldn't seem to break the spell she was under. Who was Flash? Why did she feel the need to know so desperately?

Thank you for reading Ch 12. Please be kind and leave your review. -OK