Prologue

Her eyes shot open, only to be met with six grates trapping her in a box. She shot up to her feet,  confused about how she had landed there and why. She looked up, realising the box was some sort of elevator. The first thought that came to her was the Empire State Building, although she couldn't recall why.

She could feel the panic rising and certainly did not like that she was alone. She was missing something or someone. She scanned her mind but couldn't find any information. Everything was a whirlpool in her mind, blank and mixed up. Thoughts were thrown into her mind, but all were ambiguous.

She couldn't stand still in the box and started walking around, scrummaging through boxes, hoping for a clue about where she was from or where she was going. She wasn't half as panicked as she was supposed to be because her brain appeared used to these confusing and dangerous situations. The only thing she found that could be useful was the imprint of every box W.C.K.D.

She took deep breaths, feeling like she had been thrown from one dangerous situation to another. Everything was so loud, and flashes of colours, of red, were going through her mind. She put her hands over her ears to calm the noise. She did not know anything, and she didn't like the feeling. She shook her head in distress. Then, something popped into her mind. A name that seemed so foreign to her yet so familiar. Her name. She swallowed and started repeating it over and over.

"Maya, Maya, Maya, Maya, Maya, Maya, Maya, Maya"

Time passed by, but Maya was only focusing on her name. The box came to a sudden stop. The only instinct in her mind was to hide, and she dove under the boxes. Her hand automatically went up to a shark tooth necklace that she hadn't even noticed she had on her. Her hand seemed to have a mind of its own, and it seemed to change its mind, now reaching for a teal green sea glass ring. How was she even remember the names of these items? She pulled it off, and it turned into a silver dagger. That was unusual. She brandished the blade, ready for whatever was waiting. The girl saw the light between a hole in the boxes and wanted nothing more than to step out, but she held her ground.

She heard a boy exclaim, "There's nobody in here, Nick!" He had a thick accent that she couldn't quite place. British, the word popped into her mind.

"Search it then, Newt!" he ordered.

A boy jumped in the box, she presumed it was Newt. She had an idea in her head. It was dumb as she didn't know how many people were outside, but it was the only thing she had in mind. As the boy came closer to her hiding spot, she slipped out, putting her weapon against the boy's throat. He looked at her with pure shock.

"Nobody moves or I finish your friend off," Maya was bluffing, but the boys couldn't realise that. They barely knew her. She barely knew herself.

"Wow calm down, greenie," Nick said.

Everybody around him started whispering about how she was a girl, calling dibs and saying stupid things. Maya noticed that there wasn't a girl a sight. There were around 50 boys, who looked all in their teenage years.

"Shut up!" she said, grabbing the boy in her hand more roughly. He didn't move, fear all over his features. He didn't believe the girl could kill him, but he didn't know her so he couldn't make any assumptions. She stared at the boys.

"Where am I ?" she demanded.

Nobody answered. She repeated the question and brought the knife closer to the boy's throat, careful so as not to spill blood. She heard his breath hitch, and she held on tighter. He didn't try to fight back. He understood what she was feeling. He had been in her place and had felt as lost. She just happened to have found a knife.

Maya's thoughts were racing and she didn't register any of the boys' physical appearance. She was busy focusing on breathing. She felt something hit the back of her head, and she let go of the boy. She brought her hand up to the back of her head. Her eyes shone with fear as she fell. The boy in the box with her caught her before she could fall to the ground.

a/n: I will probably never update this but this idea had been laying in my mind for a while. also warning there is a bit of swearing there and then.

Another Twist/ tmr x pjoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें