She considered it for a second, but then shrugged dismissing whatever thought she was pondering on, "Okay, well, wear that dress I asked for you to pack. You packed it, didn't you?"

"Yeah," I tried to recall the contents of my suitcase. "I'm pretty sure I did."

"Alright, well, change into that because I saw Becky inside the salon and we cannot show up looking shabby."

"Becky's there?"

"Yeah," her voice was breathy as if she was holding on to her last string of patience. "So, I'll wait for you at the lobby then let's go, okay?"

"Yeah, yeah."

She went to the hallway and warned, "Timing you fifteen minutes."

"Okay, okay!" I replied and closed the door. "Phew, that was close."

"Who's Becky?" he leaned at the wall.

"Oh, she's just a mean girl from our High School," I went over to grab my suitcase. "Made our lives a living hell."

"Hm?"

"Yeah, don't think about it too much. Ancient history."

"Uh-huh."

"I'm telling you, James, let it go." I entered my room and changed into the dress that Hailey gave me. It was a powder blue wrap dress adorned with white lace at the hem. It looks great, but it also looks like it's from a spring collection – not really in theme with the current season – so, I grabbed the only trench coat I brought for this trip and put it on to give me some warmth in this weather.

I knocked on our adjoining door twice, "I'm heading out!"

He opened the door, "Oh, wow. You look nice."

"Well, I guess I have to." My lips pursed, "Because of some high school drama that Hailey never seemed to have gotten over. Anyway, I'll meet you back here to pick you up for the dinner later."

"Oh, wow, you'll pick me up," he blinked a few times. "How long will you take? At the salon, I mean."

"I take it maybe two, three hours? Wear something nice, but not very formal. I'm just going like this. We'll have dinner with my parents."

"Ooooh," he rubbed his hands together. "I guess it's my time to meet the parents."

"Yeah, well, just be on your best behavior, alright?" I checked the time, "Hey, I've really got to go, or else Hailey will come back here." I headed for the door.

"Alright, I'll be waiting for you."

I chuckled at his remark, "Bizarre, isn't it?"

"Yeah, well, take care."

"Thanks!" I sang as the door closed behind me.

*       * *

Sure enough, when we got inside the salon, Becky was there. Laughing her heart out with the helmet-looking machine on her head and a lady working on her toenails. Her laughs were cut off with an "Ow!" Throwing glares at the lady, she scolded, "Watch it!"

We tried our best to keep away from Becky. She hasn't changed. I mean, she has physically – her body's no longer that of a preppy cheerleader with little to no percentage of body fat – but the way she conducts herself? Basically, the same as ten years ago.

"Look at her," Hailey spatted distastefully, her head shaking from left to right. "Still a fucking bimbo."

"Hales!"

"What? Big bazonkers, head empty."

"I am so sorry," I apologized to the lady working on my nails.

She just chuckled, "It's alright, we're used to her."