"Wow, the front tooth is special. The tooth fairy will give you a lot." Axel spoke from behind.

Xanthippe moved closer to me and whispered, "What's a tooth fairy? Who is he?"

Axel squatted in front of us, "Hi, I'm Uncle Axel, I'm your Aunt's boyfriend."

I bulged my eyes at him but he didn't seem to notice as he was too focused on Xan.

Xan turned to me, her head almost whiplashed in at the speed, "You have a boyfriend?"

"Apparently, yeah."

"What does apparently mean?" 

"Um," I thought for a second. "It seems?"

"It seems? Why? Are you not sure?"

Axel spoke, "She is sure."

"I'm not talking to you!" she snapped.

"Xanthippe Eloise," Noelle called out from the kitchen.  "What did I say about your words?"

"Always be careful," she recited as if she has said it a hundred times.

"Right. Now say sorry to Uncle Axel."

"Sorry, Uncle Axel," she said but her eyes were everywhere but at him.

Axel smiled, "It's alright, Xanthippe. Can I call you that?"

Xan's met his eyes like she can't believe he forgave her easily. Her mouth twists in deep thought, "Hm, you can. But I'll like it better if you call me Eloise."

My eyes widened, "Since when do people call you Eloise?" 

"Since today," she said pleased then walked to the kitchen.

I stood and followed her to where Noelle was, "You heard that, right?"

"Yeah..." She turned to Xan, "What has gotten into you today, missy?"

I felt Axel sit by the barstool next to me.

"I already lost a tooth, I'm not a kid anymore." She held her head high, determined with her statement.

Noelle and I exchanged glances. I chuckled, "Would you look at that. It seems like I've been away for way too long. My niece isn't a kid anymore."

"I'm a big girl now, Auntie Lauren," she said decidedly then walked to her room.

I tried to stifle my laugh as Noelle was shaking her hand with one hand on her hip. "She is just like you, Noelle."

"I don't think so. I think she got it from Harry."

"Oh, speaking of Harry," I sat next to Axel. "When is he getting home?"

"Maybe after 7:00? You know how doctors are."

"Yeah, I know. Wait, how long has it been since he became an Attending?"

"About two years now," her voice was very casual but there's no hiding how proud she is of her husband. "How about you?"

"Me? I'm not a doctor."

"Not that, you fool. How long has this been going on?" her finger pointed back and forth from me to Axel.

"Oh, well," Axel adjusted from his seat.

"Just recent," I shrugged.

Noelle's brow raised, "Really?" then she moved towards Axel, "Where'd you take her on your first date?"

"Noelle!" I reprimanded.

"What?"

"Don't quiz him."