Chapter |14

Destiny's P.O.V
December 20
12:45pm

Today is my last day of work before the Christmas holidays. There's gonna be a staff party at the office and I'm really excited. Thankfully, I don't need to go in early today so I used the time to do some Christmas shopping. Aliya was suppose to come with me but she had a full clinic.

I got gifts for my mother and some of my other family members — I can't wait see them and get back to my natural habitat. Especially with all the events that occurred, I need a break.

During my shopping spree, I decided to buy a wine for the party just because I don't know if showing up empty handed would seem offensive at these kind of places.

I freshened up, take the wine from the table and head out.

When I got in the car, I received several notifications from my phone. It's from Jacob.

*Jacob Kennedy*

Sigh.

If there is one thing I'll never get use to, is constantly meeting 'powerful' people. It's nerve racking and the pressure elevates.

I texted him back to let him know, I'm on my way and drove off.

I finally arrive and the parking lot is filled with cars. It's really hard to maneuver into my space.

After finally getting into my spot, I flipped my sun visor mirror to check my make up and sort out my hair a little bit. Thankfully they said that I should wear my normal work attire.

I entered the conference room and it is moderately packed.

"Hey Miss Gordon!" exclaimed Ms Graham

"Hi Miss Graham...I see that the party is off to a good start" I said

"Yes, more people than I expected but the more the merrier. Anyways, there's an area for executives near the podium you're expected to be there"

"Oh alright, let me just put down this wine first" I said excusing myself.

I look around and half the people that are in the room, I haven't seen in my entire 3 months of being here.

As I head over to the refreshment area to place the the wine, I hear my name being called from across the room. Jacob is signaling me to come and to bring the wine with me.

You can tell he already had too much to drink.

While walking over, I see that there is a man standing next to him, eyeing me from head to toe. Not in a way that there's ill will but...approval?
He's tall, dark skin with a full clean beard and if looks could kill...

I died two times.

All of a sudden, I get nervous.

I was expecting to see Alex among them, but he is nowhere in sight.