Chapter |6

Destiny's P.O.V
September 15
12:22pm

While I'm in my office talking to one of my team members, I hear a knock on my office door.

"Who is it" I yelled

"Alex"

"Come in"

"I'll just get going now, I'll send the samples to your email." My colleague says before leaving.

Alex seats himself in front of me.

"How may I help" I say without making eye contact.

"I would like to apologize" he says sternly

Now you have my attention.

I'm glad he realized what he said to me this morning was uncalled for.

He continues "I should have given you a thorough explanation of the project so that you wouldn't be in such an awkward position at the meeting"

Huh?

"Are you serious Mr Kennedy?"

"Mr Kennedy is my Father, please call me Alex, and yes I'm serious."

"I could careless about that meeting...I thought you were apologizing for something else but why did I expect that from you anyways"

"Wait, so you want me to apologize for being for being your boss, and doing my work?

"Please don't get ahead of yourself and think you demand respect everywhere you go. I don't know where you were before but here it's different. I give an order I expect it to be done, I know you're not an idiot." He adds

I stared at him blankly.

"You know, if you were not my boss, I would have told you to kiss my ass." I stated with disgust

This is me indirectly tell him to do so.

"Don't threaten me with a good time." He responds.

Did he just...

I just look at him and say nothing. But at the same time I try to suppress a smile.

"Is that it, sir?"

《♡》

Mr. Kennedy's P.O.V

Sir...

I don't know if she's doing it on purpose but when she says it, it sounds seductive.

"No" I respond, taking my self out of my trance.

Honestly, yes, but I'm starting to enjoy her presence.

I continue "make the necessary arrangements to leave for Barbados. I'm telling you this from now so that I don't hear it's an inconvenience in the future"

"Mr Kennedy you-"

"Jesus christ, call mi Alex."

She doesn't understand English it seems.

"Ok then Alex, I guess you have this idea of me that I'm hard to deal with but it's no inconvenience knowing this is a free vacation"

"It's not a vacation, it's business"

"By the looks of it, you don't even find my role important, so my point still stands."

"You know I-" I started to speak but got interrupted by her office phone ringing.

I could see the extension number on the telephone and it was Jacob.

Ofcourse...

That man is working overtime.

Why and when have they become so close?

Why was she even in his office today?

What kind of work requires this much attention from both parties?

Why is he calling her now?

Why do I even care?

....................................................................

Please remember to vote <3
(Sincerely apologize for late updates)