Chapter |2

Destiny's P.O.V
Spetember 14
7:30am

I come out the shower and immediately put my make up on. I should have left at 7:00 but over slept by 15 minutes.

Worst start for the biggest day of your life, Destiny.

Thankfully, I ironed, and did my hair before I went be bed— it would have been a travesty.

Today is my first day as C.M.O at Kennedy Resorts & enterprises. Being nervous is an understatement. I oversee all marketing and public relations activities with the organization.

If someone told me that i'll be an executive at one of the biggest hotel and vacation distribution chaines in Jamaica, at 24— I would not believe them.

Ever since I was 15 years old, I've been enrolling in customer service and marketing short courses. My dad always encouraged to get the training from an early age so that I could have a polished resumé. He was in the field of marketing aswell so he would carry to his office to observe and learn.
After grade 11, I went to university to study Mass communications and majored in marketing. Within those 4 years, I worked as a marketing coordinator or strategist.

After a couple of mental breakdowns, anxiety attacks, and inwardly telling lecturers a few 'claats', I recieved my bachelor's degree at 21.

Then with my tormented self went to get my masters degree a year later.

Even though I'm just 24, I felt that I needed a boost. My supervisor at my old job told me about this company that is in need of a C.M.O and that I would be the perfect candidate.

I was very surprised when she told me about it because Jamaicans are known to gate keep.

However, I did the interview and the rest was history.

.....
7:50am

I take off my bonnet, take out the flexi rods out my hair and brush the curls out.

I was really indecisive about what to wear because your attire on the first day shows a glimpse of who you are. Like any work environment, there are gossipers— they can be brutal.

I settled for a a black and white polka-dot sleeveless blouse, a black high-waisted skirt and black heels.

While putting on my heels, I hear my phone ringing. I looked to see who it was and it was an unknown number. I accepted the call but did not answer.

I have this thing where, I don't answer unknown numbers on my personal phone, first.

We will have a breathing contest until somebody speaks — and that somebody is not me.

"Hello? Good morning  Is this Miss Destiny Gordon" a female voice speaks

"speaking"

"Okay, this is Miss Graham from H.R, we spoke last week Friday"

"Ah yes, good morning"