Chapter 6

Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Logan woke up the next morning feeling refreshed and excited for the new day. He was actually excited just to see Dallas, Logan couldn't care less about his classes. Surprisingly getting a decent amount of sleep, Logan walked to the bathroom. 

He thought about what his day would be like in the shower, talking to Dallas in the library. Not once did the 'Why am I so excited to see him?' thought come up because he was too busy thinking about Dallas himself. Logan dried off, brushed his teeth, combed his hair, and got dressed in time to catch his mom before she left.

"Good morning Logan," she said.

"Good morning mom," Logan replied.

"Your father will pick you up from school today, do you want to spend the night there?" his mom asked.

"Can I think about it?" Logan asked.

"Sure, but pack your things now because if you do decide to spend the night at his house, you might not get the chance to come back," his mom replied. "I gotta go, I'll see you either this afternoon or tomorrow."

"Sounds good, bye mom," Logan said back. Logan sat down on the couch and filtered out some of the notifications that had accumulated overnight, and read the news summary for the morning. He read about why most products were made in China before walking out to the bus stop. Logan grabbed his things and walked out, locking the door behind him. 

He stepped onto the bus and sat in his usual seat. He thought about Dallas the whole way to school, picturing his face, and his smile. Logan smiled at the thought of Dallas smiling. He was so entranced by him that he almost didn't realize the bus was at the school. Logan snapped out of his trance and stepped off the bus. He walked into the doors, scanning the commons for Dallas. When he didn't find him, he sat by his friends as normal.

Logan didn't hear what they were talking about. All he could think about was Dallas. Only now did Logan think about why Dallas was all that was on his mind.

"Wait, why am I thinking about Dallas so much? This isn't normal," Logan thought.

"I just formally met him yesterday afternoon, it hasn't been a full day yet, I should not be thinking about him this much." Logan tried to block him out of his mind, but no matter how hard he tried, Dallas was always the first thing to pop up in his mind. Logan was confused why. He had never thought about someone this much before. Before long, Logan heard faint calling of his name in the background.

"Logan! Logan! LOGAN!" Ashton yelled at him.

"Oh, huh?" Logan said, bringing himself back to reality.

"You blanked out for a few minutes, are you alright?" Greyson asked.

"Um, yeah, I'm good. I guess I was just lost in thought for a while," Logan replied.

"Greyson is the only one who actually cares," Logan thought. Paul and Ashton only found it funny.

"What were you thinking about?" Paul asked. Logan started to panic, frantically trying to think of a semi-believable answer.

"Uh— I— I was just...uhh, stressing about my math test," Logan stuttered out, hoping the group would believe his bullshit lie.

"Didn't we have a test a few days ago? We are both taking Algebra 2," Greyson asked.

"Shit," Logan thought to himself. Greyson saw right through it.

"Well.....my class is a few days behind, so we're having that test today," Logan said, trying to make his voice sound as normal as possible.