My eyes fluttered closed as he rested his forehead on mine. He brushed his thumb over my cheek in a repeated motion for a few moments then he cupped my cheek and guided my face closer to his. Our lips met a moment later and I felt fireworks light up inside me.

*

"Why does this look weird to me?" Tosin said, pulling my attention away from Derrek.

I glanced at my friend who was seated across the table in front of me. She had her eyes narrowed at me as she leaned forward, placing her elbows on the table.

Derrek and I were on a double date with Tosin and Alex at some fancy restaurant Alex's friend owned. The decor was quite regal with the baroque style interior design and soft orchestra music playing in the background. It felt unreal, almost, like I had been catapulted back into 17th century France.

"Why does what look weird?" I asked, temporarily getting distracted as Derrek took my right hand in his, intertwining our fingers under the table. I held back a smile as I focused on Tosin once again. He had become obsessed with holding my hands lately, not like I was complaining anyway.

"To think of it, you two are horrible actors." Tosin said instead and I glanced at Derrek for a moment. He had on the same confused look I did. "How did I never realize that you two were in a fake relationship back then? Look at you now. You can't seem to take your eyes off each other."

I snuck a glance at Derrek as she said so, smiling shyly. My boyfriend chuckled and placed a kiss to my forehead. I still couldn't believe Derrek was my boyfriend now. It sounded weird but it felt just right and peaceful.

"Why would I ever want to take my eyes off her? She's perfect." Derrek said, winking at me and I heard Tosin scoff.

"Can we keep the PDA on the down low?" Tosin said in a whiny voice and Alex nudged her arm with his elbow. "What? I've never seen Tiara like this with anyone. It's weird."

"I've never seen Derrek like this with anyone either but do you see me saying they look weird?" Alex scowled at his girlfriend and she rolled her eyes.

"I didn't mean they look weird. I meant—you know what? Let's just forget I said anything. You two can carry on with your staring contest." Tosin waved her hand dismissively and Alex face-palmed but I caught the slight smile playing on his lips.

"Well, I'd like to make a toast." Alex said a moment after, lifting up his glass of wine. We all followed suit. "To Derrek, for finally finding a girl who isn't a psychopath."

"God finally delivered you. You should thank me for breaking the toxic cycle, Derrek." I teased as I clinked glasses with Tosin and then, Alex.

"It is indeed a miracle." Derrek said as we clinked glasses. "You're my miracle, Tiara. I should call you miracle from now on."

"And I'll call you cutie pie from on." I bit back. "Maybe, snookums or fuzzy bear." I suggested and Derrek gave an embarrassed laugh, signaling to me with his eyes to stop talking.

"Do you need more wine? You should have more wine!" Derrek cut me off as I was about to speak and I laughed at how panicked he looked.

"Thanks, jelly bean." I teased some more as Derrek poured some more wine into my glass.

"Tiara." He pleaded and I put my hands up in surrender, giving up.

Silence followed as the main course was served by the waiters and I happily dug into the delicious looking fried rice and well sauced, spicy chicken by the side.

"I heard there's a wedding this weekend." Derrek spoke up as soon as he was done with his food. I had only just finished up my rice. Tosin had ordered the same as me and was already halfway done with her chicken while Alex who opted for the coconut rice and fish was just about done.