Chapter 14: Summit The Worker Wolf

Start from the beginning

Summit knew you had to leave at some point on Sunday, and of course he didn't like the fact that you did, but he understood. He did think about offering the option to just stay with him for the week, since your office was literally across the street from his apartment, but he didn't want to come across as clingy. Plus, he was ninety percent sure you weren't going to drive all the way back to Monroe, grab a weeks worth of clothes and other things, and come all the way back. He already knew that you were the type of person who wouldn't even entertain an option if it meant inconveniencing yourself too much.

Maybe, just maybe he could convince you, but thinking back to the clingy thing, he probably wouldn't even attempt. He was happy being able to visit you during your lunch break at least.

He pulls out his phone to see a text from Kloss. The two of them had been working together for some time, and considered each other friends, but they never hung out. Summit was never really down for it, and Kloss has a son to care for, so it couldn't really happen either way.

The text in question read: "Hey you almost here? Mr. Kastner said he may come by and check up on the place in an hour or so"

Ah yes, Mr. Charlie Kastner, Club Stratus's money-hungry, arrogant owner. He's owned the club since the previous owner, who was his father, passed away around 2018 from some type of cancer. Everyone liked him, since he cared about how club patrons felt, and he actually made sure his employees were safe.

Charlie however, was the polar opposite. He's still somewhat young, only being around thirty-eight years old, but he still spends the clubs money like a teenager with a blank check. If the clubs ceiling was literally falling apart, he would use the money he made and buy a brand new fancy car, or an expensive suit, or anything except trying to keep the business that was making his money run smoothly.

Summit quickly texts Kloss back.

"Yes I'm almost there."

Before he knows it, the car all of a sudden comes to a complete halt, slightly throwing poor Summit forward, causing him to drop his phone. He reaches down to get it and looks up to see what could've caused the disturbance. There was a tall tiger guy jogging across the street, giving a nervous smile and waving apologetically before reaching the sidewalk. After all of that, the car continues on without a problem. Summit rolls his eyes at the man's carelessness.

Saturday
5:19 PM
Club Stratus, Moonlight District, NMC

After the car had finished parallel parking itself, Summit stepped out, albeit a little awkwardly since the sedan was still super low to the ground. He walks into the club to see no one there accept the DJ and a couple bartenders setting up.

"Hey Snowden!" a voice says in the distance.

Summit looks over to see the same Golden Retriever who had missed the train the other day, the same one who got his ass beaten like some eggs by Javi a couple of weeks ago. He says hi to him practically every day, and Summit always felt bad that he didn't know his name.

"Oh, hi uhmm...I'm sorry what was your name again?" the wolf asks, and immediately regrets it as the Goldie looks visibly disappointed, but quickly rebounds to the same smile he had before.

"It's Travis." he said.

"Oh, I'll remember that next time then. Sorry about that, I mean you greet me every day and I still didn't remember your name..." Summit says, his ears lowering a bit. Travis dismisses him, though.

"It's fine, honestly. I don't expect everyone to remember, so don't beat yourself up about it." the dog says.

"Heh, alright. I have to go get ready, but have a good shift. May many tips come your way, Travis." Summit says, walking back to the locker room.