Chapter 14: Summit The Worker Wolf

What's this?! A whole chapter focusing on our love interest?! I must be dreaming!

Well, it does focus on him, and you will be in it, but you won't be the main character. We're giving Summit the spotlight today, because he deserves it.

Also since this chapter will be focusing on Summit's profession, I have a song up called Professional by Kyle Dion.

Saturday
4:40 PM
East 35th Street, Edgewood, NMC

Summit was lucky he knew the city as well as he did, otherwise this trip would've been way more difficult

Summit was lucky he knew the city as well as he did, otherwise this trip would've been way more difficult. He kept checking out different features that SAVI had, while also trying his hardest not to mess anything up, since he didn't want to be turned into a two thousand dollar coat worn by a woman with a face full of makeup.

He was a good fifteen or twenty minutes away, and just fiddling with the screen while also keeping his eyes on the road. He had seen SAVI powered cars before, and there was one particular thing he wanted to try.

"SAVI?" he said.

"𝙷𝚘𝚠 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝙸 𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚙?" the robotic voice asked.

"E-Enable auto...drive?" Summit nervously commanded.

"𝙸 𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚍 𝚊 𝚍𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝. 𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚜𝚊𝚢 𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚢𝚙𝚎 𝚊𝚗 𝚊𝚍𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚘𝚛 𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚋𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚑𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝."

"Uhm...Club Stratus?"

"𝙳𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗: 𝙲𝚕𝚞𝚋 𝚂𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 𝚊𝚝 𝟿𝟿𝟺𝟻 𝚆𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚗 𝙰𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚞𝚎. 𝙸𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚌𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚎𝚌𝚝?"

"Yeah...?"

"𝙰𝚞𝚝𝚘𝚍𝚛𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚎𝚗𝚊𝚋𝚕𝚎𝚍." SAVI said, the small strip light on the steering wheel turning green. Suddenly the steering wheel became rigid and apparently gained a mind of its own, and the gas and brake pedals started to move without the assistance of Summit's paws.

"Okay...I guess that's it." Summit says, settling in for the last stretch of the way to the club.

According to the GPS, he was on East 35th Street, which was a good twenty-five or thirty minutes away. Summit did feel lucky that he didn't have to take the train. Although he really had no qualms about using any type of public transportation, he did dislike how cumbersome it got whenever his train would get delayed.

He was a little saddened that this would be the last time he could really use a car for a while, he planned on relaxing while he could. What did lift his mood though, was getting back home to you. Even if you were going to be asleep, at least seeing you would make his night...or rather early, early morning.