Chapter 5: (Y/N) The Worker Bee

Todays song: Don't Text Me When You're Drunk-Zai1k/Stacey Ryan

Warning: Summit is a bit OOC in this chapter. Only this chapter, though. He's a little more nervous and hyper than usual, but it's because...well you'll see. He'll be back to his old gentle self soon.

Monday
6:47 AM
Your Apartment, Monroe, New Mill City

Sunday passed like any other uneventful weekend. You just spent it cleaning up your place, getting groceries, just basic chores and errands. It paid off though, at least now you had a clean apartment and a full fridge.

As of right now though, you were in your room getting ready for work. You were buttoning up your shirt while the morning news played in the background. You never really paid attention to it, but it made for some good background noise.

You finally finished buttoning up your shirt, and went to grab the (favorite color) sweater perched on the couch to wear over it. After getting all situated, you start putting on your shoes while the traffic report played in the background, this was the only part of the news you paid any attention to, since it kinda determined if you got to work on time. Your boss, the editor-in-chief, was lenient on you when it came to your time of arrival. Mostly because he understood your plight, but also because you did your job well and never really caused him any problems.

Anyways, let's check in on that traffic report. Some reporter was in a helicopter that was flying over the bridge, filled to the brim with cars that lined the road like ants.

"The Gardener Bridge is sure looking packed this morning, as usual! Looks like everyone's bumper to bumper! Things haven't changed with the intersection leading to the bridge as it seems to still be moving at it's standard snails pace! Back to you in the studio, Kelsey!"

Damn it. Guess today's no exception.

You check yourself over in the mirror one more time. This outfit really wouldn't be complete without...a coat, since it was like 25 degrees outside. It would probably get warmer later, but as of right now, it was freezing to the point where you could see frost on your windows.

Real quick, clothes you're wearing.
-(Favorite color) sweater
-Button down white shirt (under the sweater)
-Black slacks
-(Favorite color) canvas shoes
-Black coat (any style of coat is fine)

After getting your coat on, you turn off your tv, and grab your essentials. You hit the lights, plunging the apartment into a blanket of darkness, and walk out the door.

You walk down the hallway, and reach the elevator, but it had a large "CAUTION" sign, and there was a orange cat doing something with the button panel.

You decide not to ask what's happening, since it's probably just a circuit issue. You simply walk towards the stairs and take the 5 flights down to the lobby. You walk through the large glass doors and walk to your car, parked a little closer than yesterday. You hop inside and start your drive towards the bridge, which was a lot less packed up close. Cars were indeed moving, albeit slowly.

You put SAVI in autodrive and lean back in your seat, listening to your music while coasting along the bridge.

While you sat back, you got a message. Your phone had been on silent all night, but luckily SAVI was there to let you know someone texted.

"You have one new message from Summit Snowden. Would you like me to read it?" SAVI asks.

"Yeah." you say.

"Good morning; sun emoji," the robotic voice reads. "Would you like to respond?"

"Yes." you said.

The animated microphone pops up on the screen, signaling for you to record your message.