Chapter 4: Date Planning 4 Dummiez

I feel this chapter needs a synopsis so here we go.

Synopsis: (Y/N) runs some possible date times and places by Summit, but after he doesn't respond for a while, (Y/N) explores a popular landmark.

Friday
1:20 PM
Your Apartment, Monroe, NMC

'Oh? What were you thinking?' you texted. After all, this had to be a good time for you too.

After a few seconds, Summit responded.

'I don't have to go to work Friday, so I have all day. What does your schedule look like?'

You thought for a moment about your usual day, as if Friday would be any different.

You leave at around 6:30-7:00 AM, then you cross the bridge, which always takes a while, so you get to work at around 8:30-9:00. You have your lunch break at around 12:30-1:30, then you keep working until 5, and get all the way back home at roughly 7:30.

Holy shit your days are long.

(Y/N): 'I work everyday until 5 but I don't get home until 7 or so'

Summit: 'Right. The bridge situation'

(Y/N): 'Unfortunately I don't think I can get around that, but I guess what we're doing can depend maybe change the time. Anything in particular you wanted to do?' you asked.

It took a little bit, and by the time Summit responded you had already come back with a nice cup of coffee.

Summit: 'Not really. I'm fine with anything honestly'

You thought of what you two could do. There were some nice places to eat in Edgewood, rooftop restaurants and all that. But the ritzy, expensive places were, as you can probably guess, in Chilton.

(Y/N): 'How would you feel about going to a restaurant?'

Summit: 'That sounds nice anything particular?'

(Y/N): 'Nah, you pick. If you can't think of anything I have a few pleases'

(Y/N): '*plaves'

Damn it, when did typing get so D I F F I C U L T ⁉️

(Y/N): 'I meant places'

Summit: 'Mind telling me what plaves are 😂'

(Y/N): 'Stop bullying me I tried 💀'

Summit: 'Haha it's fine. I don't have anything off the top of my head, so I'm open to suggestions.'

(Y/N): 'Okay I think I got one...'

You actually did want to try that rooftop restaurant, but with Hailey's fear of heights, and the fact that you don't really talk to your work friends besides well...work, you didn't have anyone. You could imagine how sad it'd look to see a guy eating alone at a cool rooftop restaurant surrounded by couples.

'What about Galaxy?'

You waited for a response, but after waiting for a few minutes nothing showed up. You assumed he possibly had something else to do, so you wouldn't keep asking if he was still there. You didn't want to seem clingy, after all.

You sprawl out on your couch and try and think of something even remotely productive to do with your day, and you realized you still had time to explore some places. Like this statue in Highland Park that you wanted to see, or maybe go to the top of the SAVI Tech Tower and snap a few photos. You decide that, for now, the tower is the best option. Surprisingly, that was closer than the statue.

Now having some incentive to get off your ass, you take your coffee cup to the sink and wash it out, before putting it away and heading back to your room to get dressed. You take a quick shower beforehand though.