Chapter 8: A Smile As Warm As Coffee

First and foremost, I need to thanks y'all for this

NUMBER 3 AND OVER A THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED READS?!?! I WROTE THIS OUT OF NOWHERE LIKE A FEW WEEKS AGO AND IT DID THIS GOOD??? THANK ALL OF YOU SO MUCH

Even if you just stopped by and don't intend on coming back, you contributed, so thank you. Anyways, onto the chapter.

With todays song I tried to go for more of a calm vibe. Give a warm welcome to Ponder by Sleepless

Thursday
8:46 AM
Summit's Apartment, Edgewood, NMC

Odd.
The nightmares didn't happen last night.

Usually these dreams came and went, giving little pause to let Summit collect himself before the next one came. Last night he didn't have any nightmares, in fact, he hadn't dreamed about anything. Just a blank black space.

No waking up sweaty and scared, no migraines, nothing. He had actually gotten a full nights sleep for the first time in a little under a year. Given all of that, you could imagine how relieved Summit is.

On work days, Summit liked to sleep in. He has to go to work until around five o'clock to two in the morning, and mostly came home rather sleep deprived.

He yawned and stretched himself awake, and the sheets promptly fell from his naked body. He usually moved around a fair amount in his sleep, so having to remake his bed was a common occurrence.

Summit sighs, and gets up from his bed to put the sheets back onto the bed. It didn't take much work, and he was done in less than twenty seconds.

Due to his size, Summit (as you would expect) had a rather large bed. It was old, and kind of creaked a bit, but for the most part it was fine. After getting the sheets back onto the bed, he walks over the closet to find something to cover his loins with.

He found a pair of random white underwear, and put them on. Don't get me wrong, he totally could walk around his place naked, but even while he was alone, it still felt indecent. It's like he was being rude to someone who wasn't there.

Summit went to his nightstand and picked up his charging phone, checking the time.

8:47.

Was he forgetting something? He didn't think he was doing anything today, as he usually never does anything before work. He also, for some odd reason wanted coffee...

Oh...you asked if he wanted to get coffee today...

Before he stressed, he realized you haven't said anything yet. There were no missed calls or texts, and the time was never stated. He did think about initiating, but he remembered how bad he would feel if he woke you up.

Maybe a simple text would work. Once, and then just let you respond on your own time.

"Hey, if you're still up for that coffee thing, when would you like to go?"