Chapter 12

Chapter 12
Drive

"I will wait at the restaurant downstairs."

We were able to arrive at the company on time. The building looked tall from the outside, and now that we're inside the lobby, I'm now certain that the whole building holds hundreds of offices.

I only glanced at Bright. I have already calmed down after what happened inside his car, but I still can't seem to look at him properly.

I quickly shook my head, "Y-You don't have to, Bright. Thank you for driving me here," I smiled a bit. I also tried to stare into his eyes to show my sincerity, but I failed miserably.

"I have nothing to do, so I'll wait here. Text me when you're done?"

My lips pursed, still not okay with making him wait. I don't even know how long the interview will take. Surely, a man as active as him will get bored. He won't be fine sitting at the restaurant for a long time.

"Bright..." I said.

He ignored me and gave me a slight pat on the head. "You should go inside now. Good luck. I know you're going to do great."

Some female employees suddenly walked past us, but I noticed their stares lingered a little on Bright. I pursed my lips and looked at him. He doesn't even notice that many people are noticing him, especially the ladies, because he was busy looking at me.

"Okay," I finally surrendered. "But if you get bored, you can leave."

"I won't. I'll be busy waiting for you," he said before he pushed me away for my interview.

It went well. I don't really have anything to compare it with because that was my first interview, but it went better than expected. The Hiring Manager just asked me a few things, which I was able to answer truthfully before he finally declared that my internship starts on Monday. I was designated to Recruitment, while Gulf told me he was in the L&D Department. So that means we're not in the same department.

The Hiring Manager also gave me a few reminders and even introduced me to some of the employees I will be working with. It was a bit informal because my formal orientation is still on Monday.

"We will just email you the final reminders," the manager smiled at me. "But in the meantime, use the remaining days to relax. Because once you start working, it's going to be hell."

I cleared my throat because of what he said. Was that...a warning?

Nevertheless, I decided to keep a positive outlook for this experience. I know that the corporate field is not what I would be pursuing in the future, as I will really pursue medicine, but it is still a part of my learning journey. So... it's important that I still take this seriously.

I glanced at my wristwatch and saw that everything took three hours. It was almost lunchtime. I hurried my steps to the restaurant downstairs, where I'll be meeting Bright. I was gone for three hours! I hope he didn't leave yet. But if he did, I would understand.

"Good morning, Sir!" a waiter greeted me as soon as I was inside the restaurant. "Table for one?"

I slightly shook my head and quickly scanned the whole room. Because it was nearing lunchtime, there were already many people inside. I bit my lips when I couldn't find Bright on one of the tables. Does that mean... he left?

I mean, I can understand. I was even the one who told him earlier that he could leave if he got bored. I totally understand. He's not really obligated to wait for me.

I was about to turn around and walk out of the restaurant when suddenly, I heard a familiar voice echo in the room.

"Win!"