Chapter 11

Chapter 11
Worthy

When Monday came, I was nervous and excited.

The whole week was allotted for us to choose the final company where we would do our first internship. Gulf and I chose the same company but we have no control if we will be in the same department. I'm hoping I get to train with him, but it's still up to the company wherever they assign us.

The internship starts next week. Some of our classmates decided to apply from several companies but Gulf and I decided to apply to only one. Technically, we are already hired by this company because they were pleased with our requirements. The university also recommended us, so the interview that we will do is really just a formality at this point.

But still, we needed to do good. Just because we are already accepted doesn't mean we don't need to exert effort anymore.

"My interview's tomorrow," Gulf said. "How about you?"

I shook my head. "On Wednesday."

"Shoot! On Wednesday?" Gulf said concerningly. "I have a meeting with a sponsor that day! I can't come with you since the meeting is also in the morning..."

"It's fine, Gulf. I can take a cab."

"Or you can get a driver from your mansion?"

I immediately shook my head. "No, it's fine. I'll take a cab."

Gulf convinced me for a while more, but nothing was going to change my mind. Besides, I know how to take a cab. He didn't need to drive me there, and he didn't need to worry about it so much. I need to be prepared for things like this since I know that, knowing Gulf, he will be busy with his vlogging life in the future, especially now that his account is quickly growing. He won't always be there to drive me wherever.

And I was fine with that. He's not my driver. He just likes doing things like that for me because, according to him, that's his duty as my one and only best friend.

Everyone in the classroom remained busy. I couldn't blame them. Some of us haven't even found a company to train at, and our internship starts next week. I hope they find a company soon. Because if they don't, they wouldn't be able to graduate on time and would need to wait for a whole year before they could retake this subject.

"Shall we go shopping later?" Gulf suddenly asked.

Our professor already left the classroom an hour ago. She let us have the time to do the things that we needed to do for our internship. Gulf and I have done preparing already, so we're a little at ease today, although, of course, I was still feeling nervous. I even had to watch sample interviews because I really wasn't good at making conversations.

Gulf, on the other hand, didn't need to worry about the interview. He was good at talking to people so it'll come easy to him. It was one of the things I wished I knew how to do well.

"For what?" I asked.

We were now on the way to the cafeteria for lunch. We didn't need to stay at school anymore since our professor had already allowed us to go home, but Gulf and I weren't in the mood to cook, so we decided to eat here.

"For our office attires," Gulf said and shook his head. "Most of my clothes in our condo are not work-appropriate. I don't have a lot of formal clothes."

I have a lot of formal clothes at home because I am used to dressing like that but it would also be better if I had a lot of clothes to choose from. I nodded at him.

The cafeteria wasn't packed but there were still a lot of students. Gulf and I were just simply looking for an empty table when I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I was in the middle of getting it from my pants when it vibrated again.