2

felix pov

i was halfway through my 3rd class before anyone spoke up about the bruises on my face.

"felix.. where did those bruises come from?" i looked to the side to see a yellow haired boy looking at me with concern.

"hi yeonjun hyung, don't worry about it." i gave my best friend a sweet smile before looking back to my work. it was interrupted, as yeonjun had grabbed my hand and made me look at him.

"...who was it. i'll beat their ass." yeonjun said harshly, but not towards me. i shook my head with a sad smile, knowing he would do it.

"it doesn't matter hyung, they'll continue to get away with it either way. don't bother with me." i said simply, keeping his hand in mine but continuing my work. i heard him sigh, gently taking his hand out of mine in the process.

"it was chan and his circus, wasn't it?" he asked quietly, making me snap my head to him. i slowly nodded, watching anger take his expression.

the ringing of the bell snapped us out of it as students began frantically rushing out of the door. i took my time though, yeonjun doing the same. when we both finished packing our stuff into our bag, he held out his hand for me to take and i accepted it gratefully.

we walked hand in hand to the cafeteria, finding a quiet spot to sit together. i looked to yeonjun as he looked around, finally leading me to a quiet area on the floor underneath a set of stairs.

"this should be good for today, pretty quiet and people don't really come over here." he said with a small smile, watching as i made myself comfortable on the floor. i pulled out 2 sandwiches from my bag as well as 2 juiceboxes, handing one of each to my best friend.

"thank you lixie, you didn't have to-"

"i know hyung. i know you barely eat so if i force you to then you can't escape it." i grinned evilly at him before chomping down onto the sandwich.

yeonjun scooted closest to me, wrapping his arm around my waist and pulling me into the side of his chest. i smiled at the contact, nuzzling closer into his warm and strong body.

"you barely eat either, lix. you need to take better care of yourself, i can't have anything happening to you." yeonjun said, worry lacing his voice.

if only he knew what i was doing last night.

my mind wandered back to the hundreds of feet below me as i let my feet dangle.

"haha...yeah about that.." i began, knowing i needed to tell him. he looked at me with concern across his expression, furrowing his eyebrows as he turned me so that we were facing each other.

"i..um.. had some thoughts last night. and i went to the rooftop and i sat there with my feet dangling over the edge.. i um-" i trailed off, looking at the half eaten sandwich in my hand.

i felt his hand under my chin, forcing me to look up at him, and when i did i almost wanted to cry. yeonjuns eyes were watering, his bottom lip sucked in between his teeth.

no words were exchanged as he flung his arms around my back and pulled me into a heartbreaking hug. i felt his tears hit my neck and his body lightly shook. i rubbed his back soothingly and he pulled me onto his lap in order to hug me tighter.

"hyung..shhh.. it's okay.. i'm right here, okay?" i cooed, trying to soothe the sobbing boy.

"oh look who we have here, just who we were looking for." i heard the familiar voice from earlier and i was yanked backwards off of yeonjuns lap, stumbling from the force.

chan spun me around to face him and immediately began swinging anywhere he could connect.

i tried to stay quiet as he did so, not showing him it was hurting as he ruthlessly battered my already small body. i closed my eyes and tried to zone out, being brought back to reality when there was a thud and i was free of his grasp.

i opened my eyes to see an angry yeonjun on top of chan, with his hand knotted into his hair and holding him against the tile. i immediately rushed to the yellow haired boys side and grabbed his waist, pulling him off of chan.

"hey hey hey.. hyung!! calm down, okay!?" i desperately tried to calm him, but he wasn't listening.

i took my hands from his waist and cupped both of his cheeks, making him look at me. i winced in pain as i saw his black eye forming, realizing chan had gotten a punch or two in before i could stop them. i felt my eyes water as i threw myself at yeonjun, immediately hugging him as tight as possible.

"yeonjun hyung i'm so sorry.." i whispered, trying to calm myself down.

"didn't know you were gay, blondie. how cute." chan said chuckling and i felt yeonjuns body tense underneath my hold.

"will you just shut the fuck up for once?? god damn, i can't do shit in this school without you up my ass, you'd think you were the gay one. just shut the fuck up and leave us alone." i finally snapped, standing up for myself for the first time ever.

chan looked taken aback by my sudden confidence, looking to the boys surrounding him. not another word was said between them as chan turned on his heels, leaving the boys to follow.

i turned back to yeonjun to see shock written across his expression, and a few stray tears making their way down his cheeks.

"i'm sorry you have to go through that, lix. it seems like that's more than just a one time thing." yeonjun said quietly, looking down and fiddling with his hands.

"hyung, don't worry about me, okay? them beating me doesn't bother me, it's not like i want to be alive." i said dryly, continuing to speak.

"but i'm sorry you got drug into this, i never meant for you to get hurt, and you have so much to live for."

yeonjun said nothing and took my hands into his own, rubbing my skin lightly.

"call me when you don't feel like living." yeonjun said, gazing into my eyes. i nodded lightly, jumping at the sound of the bell that signaled for us to go to class.

"you want me to walk you?" he asked, not letting go of my hands. i shook my head, not wanting him to get hurt anymore.

"no i'm okay hyung. thank you so much, love you." i said before shooting him a quick smile and finger hearts, rushing off to my last class of the day.