29 - dating

The four of us went back to the hotel in our couples. Michael and Cassidy were ahead of Luke and I. The two of them were giggling with each other, Michael's arm wrapped possessively around Cassidy, his occasionally kissing her on the forehead, or the cheek, or even sometimes on her lips. Each time she would blush fiercely and stare down at her feet, her initial shy trait coming back to haunt her.

Luke also had his arm around me, but I wasn't as excited about it as Cassy was. Don't get me wrong, I was happy to be under Luke's arm. It made me smile and lean into him as well.

But something about it was off. I don't know what, it was just... it didn't make me feel... safe.

Yeah, that was it. I didn't feel safe. I think, when you're around the person you really are meant to be with, you feel absolutely and completely safe, free from harm. Nothing could hurt you when you have him or her next to you.

Just like when Michael protected Cassy from that boy earlier.

I don't know though. I honestly do like Luke. I just don't think it was the right time for us... Maybe if there wasn't the problem of Calum and...

and Ashton.

Oh god what was I thinking? Ashton? He was... he would never make me feel safe. It wasn't even that I wouldn't feel safe from other people. It was that...

If I was with Ashton, I wouldn't feel safe from him.

That's got to be a bad sign for a hypothetical relationship, right?

So I decided that there was no off-feeling about being under Luke's arm. It was the perfect moment, beautiful, comforting, safe.

"Tavie?" Luke said as I leant my head on his shoulder as we walked.

"Mhm?" I mumbled, looking up at his perfect face.

"I enjoyed tonight. I know you might not have, and that it was a bit awkward for you, but I still had fun." He admitted, his hands fidgeting with each other.

I took one of his hands in my own and took my head off his shoulder, looking straight at him. "It wasn't awkward for me, Luke. I enjoyed it too." I sent an encouraging smile to him.

A wave of relief washed over his face and he quickly kissed my cheek. "Really? It's just because... I know that Ashton and Calum like you as well and that you might like them back, but I really enjoy hanging out with you. And I've liked you ever since that one maths lesson when Liz caught the three of us messing around and then-"

"Luke, Luke, wait. You've liked me for that long?" I stopped us both on the pavement, staring at him in astonishment.

"It's- it's not that long... b-but yeah, I have." He stuttered, a blush covering his face.

I giggled. "It's been about four weeks. I beat you!"

"What do you mean 'you beat me'?" He asked, his blush calming as my cheeks began to redden. Oh god, how could I tell him I'd been stalking him pretty much from the moment I first saw him at school? Surely that would just creep him out.

"I... I think you know what I mean."

He laughed and shook his head. "I don't really, to be honest. Do we have some bet going on or something that I don't know about?"

"Oh Luke, now you're the one being oblivious. I've liked you ever since you joined the school." I murmured.

"Wait, so is that how you knew-"

"Yep."

"And when-"

"Yes."

"And-"

"Luke, you don't have to list all the times you wandered how I knew something about you, and now you know it's because I stalked you, it's not something I want to hear right now." I sighed, looking down at my feet and letting my hair fall down over my shoulders.

He reached his hand under my chin and pulled my face up so that our gazes met. He was smiling like crazy. "If I had known, I would have asked you out sooner."

I rolled my eyes. "You don't have to pretend that you aren't creeped out."

"Well, it is a little worrying, but if I'm going to date you, then I'm going to have to date all of your creepy parts as well." He winked at me and we continued our journey back to the hotel.

"So... we're dating now?" I asked, biting my lip.

He nodded. "Well, if you're okay with it?"

"Of course I'm okay with it!" I exclaimed quickly, and he laughed at my immediate response, causing me to blush slightly.

"I guess you have been waiting a long time." He teased, kissing the top of my head.

I rolled my eyes. "You're never going to let this stalking thing go, are you?" I asked with a deep sigh.

"Nope." He replied simply with a chuckle while I groaned.

We arrived at the hotel, along with a couple of other people who had gone into town for their free time. I waved at Aaron, who was with a couple of his friends.

He waved back hesitantly, glancing subtly at Luke. Luke waved as well, and Aaron just rolled his eyes.

"He'll calm down. He's always like this." I told Luke, and we held hands as we walked up the stairs.

"So how are you going to break this to Ashton?" Luke asked me, stopping before we entered the room.

"What, that we're dating?" I asked. He nodded. "Well, how much does 'dating' mean?"

The blonde furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "Just... we're going out with each other, I guess?" His answer was so vague, it just confused me as well.

"Does that mean it's exclusive?" I asked.

"No?" He replied, he was trying to push the decision onto me, so I just decided to agree.

"Okay, it's not serious. We've only been on one date. We can figure the whole 'title' thing out later." I said, and we entered the room.

Ashton wasn't in there, so I figured he'd probably gone into town with Ellie or something. I mean, it was understandable.

Luke and I sat on my bunk, and I leant my head on his shoulder with a sigh. "I hope we can get further than just 'dating' at some point." He told me.

I nodded. "Well, it's not hard, y'know. Just look at Michael and Cassy. They're so simple, and it works to perfection."

"I know, but I want the moment to be perfect." He smiled to himself running his fingers through my hair absent-mindedly.

That was when Ashton burst into the room, his whole being reeked of alcohol, and he was holding a beer in his hand. As soon as his eyes fell on us, he scoffed.

"How was the double date?"

// a/n oh god, this whole update was fluff I cry. But anyway. I needed to get you something after not updating in so long. So yeah, I'm sorry about that.

But hey, I'm back! After about two weeks I finally got the wifi back!! I'm so happy ahaha. //