01 - the drummer

I scoffed as I watched yet another idiot girl fall right into his trap. He was leaning on a poor guy's locker so the guy couldn't get his books for the lesson which was about to start... now. The girl was a short brunette who was staring wide-eyed and nodding violently at every lie the shaggy-haired boy told her.

Suddenly, his eyes roamed the hall as she spoke to him and his eyes instantly met mine. I immediately shut my locker and adjusted the strap of my bag on my shoulder, walking away. My brother fell into step beside me, and I sighed, knowing what was coming.

"So I hear you've been making googoo eyes at Calum Hood." He told me. I snorted and rolled my eyes.

"No, I've only been talking to him. He's a friend." I replied. My big brother immediately thought I was crushing on every guy I talked to. No. He has no clue who I'm crushing on.

"But he's been talking about you to his friends." My brother said.

"That's because I asked him to. I wanted him to tell them that I'm looking for an art class outside of school, but I can't find one, so I asked him to ask his friends if they knew anywhere. I'm asking everyone I trust." I told him.

"Then how come you haven't asked me?" He whined.

I spotted Calum and he waved at me. I grinned and waved back. "Well, there he is. I'll see you later Aaron." I said goodbye to my bro and ran up to Calum.

Cal put his arm around my shoulders and we walked to class.

"So did your friends know anywhere I can go?" I asked him.

"Yeah, actually. There's a class just outside of town, I'll tell you at lunch." He smiled down at me, ruffling my perfectly dyed natural-looking red hair.

"How's the band going?" I asked him. I couldn't get him to tell me who the other members of the band were, even though I pestered him so much. He just wouldn't unzip his lips.

"It's going good. We met up last night and we found a drummer." He said.

"Ooo a drummer." I grinned excitedly. "Is he hot?"

Cal laughed. "Well, I can't really tell. What do you mean by hot?"

"Well, if he's a drummer, he's hot."

"What is it about drummers that you fall for? I should become a drummer and then you'd fall for me." He teased, ruffling my hair. I shook his hand off and then pulled out of his grasp as I saw my crush walk past.

Okay, this guy wasn't a drummer. He was a guitarist. He. Was. Hot. The blonde hair was quiffed perfectly, and his lip ring made tingles run through me. I had a spoken to him once or twice in maths, but other than that I had just stalked him. You know... as you do.

He walked past us with his best mate Michael, and they were talking about the latest Pokemon they had caught. I smiled subconsciously and once they had passed us, I turned back to Calum. He instantly hid an expression I hadn't had time to read and covered it up with a smirk.

"Luke Hemmings? Really?" He said.

I shrugged. "He's hot."

"I'm hot." He pulled a funny face and I laughed.

"You're strange, and that's why you're my best friend." I smiled and wrapped one arm around his waist, hugging him to my side. I let go when we went into English, and we sat down in our two seats next to each other.

*

"Yes! That's perfect! Thank you so much, Cal." I grinned, popping a nacho into my mouth. Cal had just told me about the art classes his friend had told him about. "I am so behind in art, hopefully this'll help me catch up."

"It's no problem. Anything for my best friend." He grinned at me and reached over the table to ruffle my hair. I pouted and hit his hand away.

My eyes fell on Luke, who was on the table next to us sitting with Michael and Michael's girlfriend. They were also sitting with another guy who did music with them. Actually, Cal did music as well...

"Calum! You do A-Level music with Luke, don't you? Tell me more about him!" I said excitedly.

Calum chuckled. "Don't you think you've stalked the poor guy enough?" He commented, his eyes flicking to Luke and back to me.

"Hell no. I'm only just starting. I need to know everything so I can talk to him easily." I said. I reached over and grabbed Cal's hand. He jumped a little and his gaze fell on our intertwined hands.

He let out a sigh, and was about to tell me more when the king of jerks who had been flirting with that brunette this morning appeared out of nowhere and sat down next to me.

I stared at him in surprise, and once that surprise wore off my stare turned into one of ice. Cal looked amused at the dagger stare I was sending Ashton Fvck1ng Irwin.

"Hey there, Tavie." Ashton smiled at me, feigning sweetness.

I scoffed and shook my head. "Fvck off, Irwin." I muttered under my breath. I stared at my food. Suddenly I had almost no appetite.

I tried to steal glances at Luke, but Ashton was sitting in the way. I sighed and ate more of my lunch, swallowing the tasteless food.

"So I heard you're into drummers." Ashton said to me.

I raised my eyebrows at him and then glanced at Cal, who shrugged, saying he didn't know where Ashton had heard it from. "Yeah, I guess." I replied.

"What if I told you I'm a drummer." He smirked at me. The smirk that girl this morning had melted for.

"What if I told you to go and find some other girl's pants to lie your way into." I answered, not looking at him. I heard Calum try to hide a laugh with a cough and I smiled.

"I'm not lying." Ashton said, ignoring Cal.

I glanced at him with my eyebrows raised again. "Why should I believe you? Lying is all you've ever done."

"Yeah, but who did you hear that from?" Ashton replied.

I sighed. "Well, to answer your question from earlier, if you told me you were a drummer, I'd say cool." I replied, standing up and leaving the cafeteria.

I'd like to dedicate this to My_Aching_Soul for the idea. She has this book of fanfic ideas that she doesn't have time to use, and she's giving those ideas away! So go check that out :)

Okay, well, here is the first chapter/prologue. I wanted to do one with Ashton as not a sweet guy. Because that's all he ever is in fanfics. He's the guy who is super sweet and caring and saves girls from themselves. But not in this fanfic :)

I thought I'd include the other guys as well. I'm not sure how this is going to turn out, but let's hope for the best!

- Ellie xx