DAY 31: HEAVY HEARTS (4 - END)

Cale tightened the dagger he was holding while looking up to the gloomy gray sky, rain continued to pour, he was drenched by the cold water, his dirty white night gown was now wet and muddy, his body was so cold to the point of shivering, his bare foot who was touching the grassy field near his mother's tomb were bloody and wounded.

He had dark circles under his eyes while breathing calmly, staring at the roaring sky.

Last night, the god of death visited him.

I told you didn't I? You were supposed to die. That has not changed.

GoD said with a ragged and exhausted voice, he exerted his power to get through Cale's mind, breaking the laws of heaven and earth, he poured his power to communicate with his favorite person, Cale, who was sitting in the luxurious bed inside the room Eruhaben had provided him.

"I refuse."

He answered while staring blankly at the empty room, a painful stab in his heart made him flinched, blood poured out from his mouth while clutching his chest.

"I said, I refuse. What more do you have to hear?"

Cale.. you can't live.

"Why not? I want to, am I in the wrong here?"

Cale.. to remove the essence of the Ancient White Star from your heart, you have to remove your own heart-ugh!

T,that's the only way.. your ancient vitality has merged with your b,bloodurgh-! Without a heart, no human can live- haa..

Cale didn't react and clenched his fists, he then looked the shining blue crystal he had purchased from an unknown witch outside the continent.

Puppet's spare heart, the Marionette.

He didn't know to use this, nor he don't know a specialist who can use this. The witch said that only him can install the heart.

She literally said I should dig my own heart and install it myself. What the fuck.

He could hear White Star's voice at the back of his head, he just sighed and thought what will happen if he fail to install it. And he can't openly talk about it with anyone, he doesn't want any of his family members to watch him dig his won heart and replace it with an artificial one.

Even Eruhaben-nim and Miss Rosalyn was still doing their research to help me, should I share this solution to them? They will probably kill me instead.

He thought, besides that, he could feel Choi Han and Beacrox's presence outside his room, they were guarding him. He can't just go outside and perform the surgery openly, if he do it in this room, the two people outside will smell his blood and will enter the room.

He was running out of time. He had to do it before the essence of the Ancient White Star will take over his entire heart and may replace his blood full of vitality.

What should I do?

He thought, leaning in the door. He slumped in front of it and placed his head on the cold wall door.

"Cale-nim..?"

"Young Master."

Choi Han and Beacrox called him out after feeling his presence just beyond the door. He hummed, but didn't answer, he continued to eye the room glistening under the bright luminance of the full moon.