Chap.6 || The Missing Piece

Hey everyone! Don't worry, this aint the last chapter. But I'll tell ya that we're very close to the end of the book.

If you guys have any ideas, please tell me cause I'm running out of ideas and this story doesn't really have a story line-

I just write whatever comes to my head but if you guys have any ideas make sure to write it in the comments!

Also, here's some angst cause I'm tired of writing fluff all the time.

Pearl's POV

Its been a week since the first encounter with Gem, I've been telling myself to go see FWhip and ask him about it but the corruption in my empire just keeps getting worse and I have to do something about it.

Today I had go to FWhip's base and have that meeting, maybe I should also bring up Gem to see if he knows anything. Sausage has been MIA lately and I just hope he's okay.

I check over my empire one last time before shooting into the sky and heading to FWhip's base. I flew over Scott's empire, Rivendell. I have to say it was very cold there but his builds look amazing as always.

I continued flying and soon enough I flew over Gem's base, her empire was looking pretty good. I saw her building what looks like a huge wizard tower. She saw me and waved, I decided to head down and rest for a bit.

I landed safely on the cold mountain, "Hey Gem!" I greeted, "Hey Pearl!" She greeted back. "Do you like my Wizard tower so far?" She asked, "Wizard tower? Since when were you a wizard?" I ask, Gem smirked. "Since I got this." She said pulling out a beautiful staff.

My eyes sparkled, "Woah, what is that?" "It's my Amethyst staff! I'm gonna use it to defeat that demon!" She exclaimed proudly. "Are you sure thats gonna work?" I said jokingly, Gem pouted, "Hey! I'm positive this is gonna work!"

I sigh, "Alright, alright." I scanned the staff Gem was holding, my eyes landed on the glowing amethyst sitting on top. "That amethyst is beautiful! Where did you get it?" I ask, Gem chuckled. "My empire exports amethyst silly, I have plenty!"

Gem took out an amethyst and gave it to me, "You can have one! It can resemble out friendship!" She happily exclaimed, "Thank you Gem, but I have to go. I have a meeting to attend." I said, Gem smiled, "Have fun at your meeting then! Have a safe flight."

"Bye!" I yelled as I flew back into the sky. After some flying, I finally made it. I safely landed in front of his base and brushed some dirt off of my dress. I fixed my hair before walking into his base.

I walked in to see River right at the hallway, she bowed. "Queen Pearl. You must be here for the meeting, His majesty is waiting for you in the meeting room." I smiled, "Thank you River." I headed towards the meeting room where I saw FWhip sitting on his chair going through some documents.

He was wearing his white shirt and brown pants, a black coat over it, his usual red scarf, his long leather gloves, and his brown leather boots. He must have taken his red aviator goggles off and put them somewhere.

"Hey FWhip!" I yelled, he flinched and snapped his head up. "Pearl! Don't scare me like that!" He yelled, I chuckled "Yeah, yeah. Sure."

"Is Sausage here yet?" I ask, "Not yet, Scott and Joey wont be able to make it cause of personal stuff so its only you, me, and Sausage." FWhip explained. I hummed in response.

We talked for a little bit before hearing footsteps approaching the meeting room, I looked at the door and had my hand on my sword just in case there was an intruder but surprisingly, it was Sausage!

"Sausage! You're here! Where have you been?! We weren't able to contact you." I said worriedly. Sausage just scatched his neck and told us it was personal problems.

I didn't believe it since Sausage would have told us if he had problems, but FWhip seemed to believe it so I shrugged it off.

We all sat down and the meeting began, "Okay uh, I gathered you all for this meeting because of this demon and its corruption." FWhip started, "This demon somehow appeared one day and started to corrupt the world. We have to find an end to this or else we would be at doom." He explained.

"Right, about the corruption. We could just destroy it with TNT!" I suggested, Sausage's eyes lit up. "Or maybe Katherine's flowers!" He added. FWhip just sighed, "I've tried them and they wont work, Katherine's flowers only work for some time, and the TNT did blow up the corruption but the corruption just grew back." FWhip explained.

I groan, then I remembered that Gem gave me an Amethyst. Maybe it could work!

"I have an idea! What about this?" I said taking out the Amethyst, FWhip shrugged. "We could try, follow me." FWhip started to lead us all outside of his empire. He showed me the corruption outside of his empire.

I placed the Amethyst right next to the corruption and surprisingly, the corruption started to turn into ashes. But sadly it quickly grew again. But at least we know it sort of worked. "Maybe if there's many it would actually dissapear." I muttered to myself.

I took the Amethyst back and turned to FWhip, he looked amazed. "Who did you get that from?" He asked reffering to the Amethyst I was holding.

"Oh, remember that person I told you about? The one I bumped into? I got it from her." I said trying to restrain Sausage from taking the Amethyst.

I heard a buzz coming from Sausage's pocket, he took out his communicator and typed something in. "Sorry guys, Bubbles is feeling kind of sick and I have to take care of her." He exclaimed. "Its fine, take care of Bubbles and make sure to update us." I said, Sausage nodded before shooting into the sky.

"Actually, speaking of her. FWhip, do you mind showing me a picture of your missing sister?" I questly ask, FWhip looked at me in disbelief and sighed. "Yeah, you can." He said before shooting to the sky heading back to his base. I followed him soon after.

FWhip's POV

Why would Pearl ask me that? Why would she want to see a picture of her? I shrugged off my thoughts once I realize I was close to my base.

I landed in front of it and waited for Pearl to land. Once she landed, we headed inside to be greeted with River. "River, do you mind getting me a lantern?" I ask, she nodded and went somewhere then came back with a lantern. I grabbed it and thanked her.

I started to lead Pearl into the hall of paintings. A hall where all of the paintings of the royal family are kept. I led Pearl into the hall. Paintings were covering the walls, I led her to one special painting right at the end of the hall.

The painting was covered with a red curtain. I swallowed the lump in my throat and opened the curtain. As the curtain opened, I could hear Pearl gasp. I ignored it and stared at the painting.

Only half of the painting was able to be seen, the painting was of Gem and FWhip but only Gem was visible.

We sat in silence till Pearl spoke up, "What was she like?" "Well, she was a very quiet person. She loved peace and flowers for some reason." I explained. Pearl hummed in response.

"I know you always avoid this question but, can you tell me more about her?" She asked, hoping for an answer.

I sighed, "My twin sister, Gem. She's been gone for 5 years and we had no luck finding her. She was meant to be the next queen but due to her dissapearance I was next in line for the throne. It's been pretty okay without her here but I'm sure the empire would've been way more than just this if she didn't go missing. I can't rule as good as she does and I know it, being the ruler of a kingdom is like a puzzle. You need all of the right pieces to rule perfectly but..."

I glanced at Pearl, "I can't rule perfectly without Gem, she is The Missing Piece of the puzzle..."

Word Count: 1438 Words