Chapter 14

Chapter 14

The ride took forever, but soon enough I was being escorted into the hospital, and up to Sam's room.

Rob was in front, knocked on the door. I personally giggled to myself. Surround by tall guards and no one could see me.

I heard the door open and Mom gasp. "Oh goodness," she said, "I can only assume Ava is in there somewhere."

Rob smiled, "It was the only way," he said moving in and I see mom in front of me as the guards surround me.

She hugged me and Rob excused the guards, making them stand outside the door as he went in with me.

I saw Joe sleeping next to Sam holding hands and his head on the bed next to her. I went over and touched Joe's shoulder and then his hair. "Joe... Joe."

"Mmmm... five more minutes," he grumbled.

"Joe? It's not mom," I smirked as I played with his hair.

"Ava?" he mumbled sitting up, his hand still tight on Sam's.

"Ya," I smiled seeing his puffy red shot eyes.

"Hey... how'd you get here?" he asked softly.

"Rob, and five more big guards," I smiled as I kneeled down on my knees to face him.

"I'm glad you're here," he said, before glancing at Sam, "She's gonna be okay. She just needs to wake up."

"I know," I softly told him as I touched his knee.

"I'm sorry Ava," he said, "I am so sorry someone tried to hurt you."

I frowned, "It's not your fault Joe," I told him.

"I know, I just... I should have made some more protection come with us," he said sadly, tears forming again. "Now Sam's lying here, almost dying and you almost got shot. I'm a horrible brother and boyfriend."

I sighed and looked at him. "Joe? Let's go take a walk okay."

"I can't. What if she wakes up?" he asked in panic, and gripping her hand.

"Joe... I will call you when she does okay?" mom asked. "Why don't you go get some fresh air okay?"

Joe was hesitant, but sighed, stood up, kissed Sam's forehead and lips softly, before following me out.

Rob staying with mom, Joe's guard Mitch and the other five surrounding us as we headed to a garden area that was in the hospital, but outside with trees and benches.

"So what's up sis," he asked, sitting on a bench.

I looked at the guards, "Thanks boys, just stand around would be great. Mitch can stay nearby."

They followed my orders with a nod.

I sighed and opened my arms. "Little brother need a hug?" I asked.

He nodded and gripped onto me sobbing, "I don't wanna lose her, Ava. I'd never forgive myself. That should be me lying there."

"No... it should never be you," he said, "I'd switch places with you in a heartbeat."

"Joe, we both took the risk of not being guarded."

"I should've know better," he said, "If she doesn't make it..." he just trailed over, his tears taking over again.