Then a gunshot rang out and Daryl fell to the ground in a heap. He fell right from Bella's arms into the deep grass, and it felt like the air has been knocked from her lungs.

"No!... No... Dad!" Bella screamed in horror, dropping to her knees in tears.

Rick and Shane ran forward and pulled Daryl up, trying to get Bella way from the body but she refused. She ran towards her father again, but this time Glenn had scooped her up tightly into his arms. His arms wrapped around her, and she couldn't move.

"Bella, he's alive." Glenn whispered. "Please, calm down."

"I can't! He's my dad!" Bella bawled.

••••

They entered the house and raced upstairs where they had put Daryl in a bed. Glenn kept Bella outside while they stitched him up. They reassured to her that he'd be okay, but she kept pacing up and down the hallway, trying to wipe away all the remaining tear streaks on her face.

Then the door opened, and Hershel walked out. "He's alright. You can see him."

Bella gave him a nod gratefully before she pushed past and walked into the empty room where her father laid on the bed. He moved over, wincing and cursing as she crawled in beside him, curling up against his side.

Bella looked down at his bruised and bloodied body. "Does it hurt a lot?""

"Like hell." Daryl answered.

"We've both been shot now." Bella mumbled under her breath.

Daryl smirked. "We have. Guess it runs in the family."

"Are you going to be okay?" Bella wondered.

"I ain't going anywhere, pal." Daryl replied, rubbing her shoulders. "I won't ever leave you alone."

Bella leaned forward and buried her head into his shoulder. "Get some sleep, Dad."

Daryl tightened his arms around his daughter and then fell silent. Bella smiled as she closed her eyes shut. She loved these special moments they shared between each other.

Daryl had fallen asleep quickly and Bella just remained quiet by his side.

••••

A few days later Daryl had recovered quickly but that unfortunately meant they were kicked out of the house and back into the cold, uncomfortable tent as soon as Daryl was able to stand. Bella wasn't happy about it and Daryl wasn't too happy about it, either.

"Damn, this is uncomfortable." Daryl grumbled as he rolled around the bed.

"Hey." Andrea greeted as she walked inside the tent. She handed a book to Daryl. "This is not that great, but..."

Daryl flickered through the pages. "What, no pictures?"

"I'm so sorry." Andrea apologized. "I feel like shit."

"Yeah, you and me both." Daryl said.

Andrea sighed. "I don't expect you to forgive me, but if there's anything I can do...."

"You were trying to protect the group. We're good." Daryl said. Andrea nodded and made her way out of the tent. "But hey, shoot me again, and you'd best pray I'm dead."

"Bella?" Maggie's familiar voice called out. Bella exited the tent to see her. "Don't worry I don't bite." Bella couldn't help but simply think of Walkers at that statement. "Sorry. I didn't mean it like that. Can I talk to you?"

Bella nodded. "Sure."

Bella walked beside Maggie towards the house. They walked slowly into the house and Maggie led Bella upstairs to her room. She didn't question it. She sat down on the bed and Maggie closed the door behind her.