four

The next morning, Bella sat by the ashes of the previous campfire

The next morning, Bella sat by the ashes of the previous campfire. She couldn't help but allow her eyes to close from exhaustion. Constantly, she would be on the brink of unconsciousness, but she snapped herself awake out of fear. Her bloodshot eyes demanded sleep, but she was too scared to close them.

You close your eyes for a second and you're already dead.

Everything felt like a nightmare, but it wasn't, it was real. Their camp - their families - had been attacked by the dead. It had been so sudden, and so quick, that they had no time to prepare. The attack must have only lasted ten minutes, but it felt like a lifetime leaving catastrophic damage in its wake.

Ironically, the attack still wasn't over. It was an everlasting battle between the living and the dead.

Bella turned her attention to her surroundings instead. Group members moved around burning bodies or had decided to being gathering up all the supplies in camp, knowing they couldn't stay here much longer.

Bella's eyes fell on Andrea who was staring down at her sister, Amy. The pair of sisters made everyone nervous. Daryl had called Amy a ticking time bomb' that could go off at any minute and Bella agreed with him.

"She still won't move?" Rick asked as he stood with the small huddle of the group.

Lori shook her head. "She won't even talk to us. She's been there all night. What do we do?"

"We can't just leave Amy like that. We need to deal with it. Same as the others." Shane said.

"I'll tell her how it is." Rick offered.

Rick walked over to Andrea side and immediately pulled out her gun, aiming it at am. Rick slowly made his way back to the group, leaving Andrea with her dead sister.

Bella sighed and looked down at her new and own knife that had been given to her this morning. Daryl had wanted her to have more practice before he even considered allowing such a weapon in his daughter's life, so she got a knife.

She didn't feel any safer with the sharp blade. In fact, she didn't even know how she would work with hand-to-hand combat but hopefully it wouldn't come down to that for a while.

Daryl scoffed. "Y'all can't be serious. Let that girl hamstring us? The dead girl's a time bomb."

"What do you suggest?" Rick questioned.

"Take the shot." Daryl answered honestly. "Clean, in the brain from here. I can hit a turkey between the eyes from this distance."

"No." Lori protested. "For God's sake, let her be."

Daryl took a deep breath before he walked over to help Morales pile up the walkers into the fire.

"We don't burn them! We bury them!" Glenn shouted. "Understand? Our people go in that row over there."