prologue

It was the end of a normal school day; the sun was shining brightly, and the sky was painted a bright blue

Bella Dixon slung her bag over her shoulder as she walked through the white school hallway. The halls were crowned as she walked down them, bumping into a few people.

Bella Dixon had brunette locks that went down to her shoulders, a tall, thin face small plumped lips and beautiful chestnut eyes.

She couldn't help but reach for the small pendant around her neck. Unfortunately, her mother had passed away when giving birth to her ten years ago. Ever since then it's been Bella and her father.

Ashley, one of Bella's friends walked beside her. Ashley Miller was Bella's best friend. From the day they met, they were always together. The two had so many things in common, which is why there were so close.

Ashley's a good person. She was nice, cheerful and helpful. When Bella faced any problems in school, she informed her best friend first. Ashley always tried her best to solve the problem. Then after school, they always used to spend time together at the nearest playground.

The two of them walked outside the school building and began to look for their guardians.

Bella's eyes wandered across the front of the school. After a while, they settled on her father, Daryl Dixon who was leaning against a tree with his arms crossed in front of his stomach.

"Well, I better go." Bella told her best friend.

"See you tomorrow?" Ashley asked.

Bella nodded. "Yep."

The two wrapped each other in a tight hug. Ashley was like a sister to Bella. They did everything together.

Then all of a sudden, a scream was heard in the distance.

Bella and Ashley quickly pulled apart from the hug and gave each other a confused expression before they noticed people, mostly parents, rushing over towards the scream.

Without hesitation, Bella ran over to where everyone else was heading. When she made it to the scene, she stopped. Adults were surrounding and blocking the area. Looking around, she noticed that they all had horrified expressions on their faces.

Bella tried her best to look at what was happening, but she couldn't see anything. She tried looking through the parent's legs... and that's when she felt her stomach drop.

There, right in front of her, was a rotten figure that looked like a dead person, ripping and tearing a body and eating its flesh.

Another scream was heard from the other side of the school.

Bella turned around and saw one of her classmates, Lily, running away from another rotten figure that was chasing after her.

In a matter of seconds, every parent began to race to find their kids.