FIVE

Chapter 5: Pretty little girlfriend

Ezra Rivera

As Rikayne walked out of the door, I felt my mood lift. Something about that girl makes me feel happy.

It's weird.

I shut the door and decide to clean up the mess we made in the living room. She had ordered Chinese takeout even after I told her I could just whip up something in the kitchen. She sure was stubborn. As I moved to throw the boxes away in the bin that's placed in the kitchen, I hear the front door open and close.

For a split second I think it's Rikayne who'd forgotten something and I shake my head ignoring that thought and proceed to throw away the trash. The familiar footsteps make me scold myself further, of course it's Daxon, why would it be the girl.

"So, looks like someone got a pretty little girlfriend huh?" his annoying slurred voice seeps into the room making me move my feet towards the living room. As I enter I come face to face with him and see him holding up an iPhone 8nwith a black cover with a design of red-orange flames and some studs. In the middle of the flames with cursive font the name Rikayne is sprawled out in white. I scowl internally.

Fuck.

My father chuckles turning the front of the phone in my directicon pressing the power button to show me a wallpaper that has a snapchat selfie of Rikayne. that's probably how he knew it was a girl's phone.

"WHO THE FUCK TOLD YOU THAT YOU COULD BRING YOUR FUCKING WHORES INTO MY FUCKING HOUSE?!" he screamed walking closer with each word until he was right in front of my face some spit flying from his mouth a d landing on my cheek. He stumbled back and his fist collided harshly with my jaw. He threw the phone in my direction and I ducked, fortunately the phone landed on the couch behind me.

"Who?!!" he screamed drawing his leg back and hitting my shin causing me to buckle over but that was a mistake on my part as his knee rammed into my chin the next second, causing me to land on the floor. These hits were harder and more precise unlike the other times, so I look up at his face to see his eyes weren't bloodshot. This means he was only drunk, probably the reason he was so mad.

As I slowly rose from the floor, he held a snarl on his face, "You're such a weak bastard, you can't even hit back!" he yelled throwing a glass vase that was the centerpiece of the coffee table in my direction, I ducked immediately hearing it smash against the wall very loudly. At that same moment I hear the front door creak open.

"Ezra! Everything okay?" I heard her soft voice cautiously call out from the hall.

Shit

Spotting a heavy metal tray from the corner of the room I hurriedly tiptoe and picked it up then smashed it on father's head when he turned his head to the sound of Rikayne's voice. He fell to the floor, groaning and I hit him with the tray once more, effectively knocking him out.

"Ezra!" Rikayne's voice yelled from behind me and I turned around to see her in the doorway, a panicked look over taking her features.

Shit.

Frantically reaching for her phone on the couch next to her, I ushered her out. Once in front of the front door, I took her hand and placed her phone in it, "here you go, now get out" I said opening the door and pushing her frozen body out.

"Should I call the police?" she questioned once outside and I quickly yelled no and slammed the door shut locking it. I heard a moan of pain come from the living room as I walked back. I don't want to deal with him as of right now. I enter to see him slowly sitting up and face the confused man who I call father.