TWO

Chapter 2: Meeting Her.

Ezra Rivera

I glared hard, at the red-bricked three story building known as Blue Oaks High.

It is my salvation as well as my hell.

My salvation as it was a place where I could avoid the demon I called father from seven-thirty am to three pm and he can't say anything about it but also my he'll because teenagers were nosy as hell and can be just as bad although they cannot physically hurt me as they are scared of me. It's their stares that unnerve me and I always act indifferent but I'd sometimes just wish not to be here then I'd remember the demon at home.

I walked down the hallways flooded with unfamiliar familiar faces and as I made my way closer to my locker the usual whispers followed me.

"...he's so hot, wonder if he works out..."

"...but why doesn't he like talk to anyone like..."

"...probably such a loser..."

"...really intimidates me with that scowl..."

"...what a faggot..."

Teenagers. Seriously nosy.

As usual I ignored their prying words and stares, I didn't want it to phase me. I knew why I was here and it certainly wasn't to entertain these idiots. I didn't waste my time speaking up for myself unless directly provoked and that usually led to some altercations I needed to avoid.

Living with Daxon Rivera taught me something useful, how to fight and how to get beaten. But I wouldn't dare use it against him as I didn't want him to know I could hit back yet, I want to use it when he least expects it.

I grab my books for first and second period and head off AP English my first lesson of the day. It's Thursday today, three days after father burnt the picture of them. I didn't get much sleep that night cause of the pain taking over my body nor did I get any sleep last night as father brought home his buddies from the bar. There was loud music and chatter and every ten minutes he'd call me downstairs to serve them beer.

I sat down in my seat that's at the back of the class and place my bag on the desk. Bieng the first one here, I sit back and watch as more students flood the room in time as the bell rings signaling the start of class. Resting my head on the bag, I use it as a pillow, feeling the teacher's words fading into white noise as I shut down.

*

*

After two lessons that were double period and two single period classes, it was finally lunch time. I dragged my sore body to the cafeteria and stood in line but I didn't have to stand for long as many people moved to let me go ahead of them. I got my food and moved to my usual table in the back corner away from everyone. I ate my lunch without any disturbances while observing the many faces of Blue Oaks High.

There was a table in the center right of the room that was filled with what one may call the popular kids of the school. Unlike high schools in movies and around America, the most popular kids were not the jocks, no.

Here popular kids were some type of child-prodigy, were incredibly smart and had a high IQ. They passed even if they didn't study. But we're also notorious troublemakers. They once asked me to join their group although flattered I refused, I get enough unwanted attention as it is being a loner but being a popular kid, nope.

Then on the center left was a table where second in the hierarchy of popularity sat, the jocks; athletes of the school. Unlike what some movies portray as jocks being the male gender only, here girls were included in the jock criteria as long as you were really athletic and involved yourself in sporting activities. The jocks also had to work hard in school to maintain a certain grade if not they'd get kicked off whatever team they are on.