Chapter 14: Halfway Mark and Helium Gone Wrong

Wow! 14th chapter already! Again, I would like to thank you all for reads, the comments, and votes. You don't know how happy they make me! :D I would like to dedicate this chapter to AmigaChica, an awesome person and writer. Check out her story called "In My Dreams". It's, well, awesome! Alrighty then, let's get on with the chapter!

***************************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 14: Halfway Mark and Helium Gone Wrong

When that cursed day arrived, I wasn’t sure if it was a good thing or bad thing. On the upside, I no longer had to work at Sprinkles any more (which had been limited to storage work and nothing more to make up for the yogurt incident). But sadly, today also meant that I had yet another date this weekend.

It’s horrible that Saturday is becoming my least favorite day of the week. Send me back to the time when I was curled up in my blanket, reading the “next big series” when it came to books and doodling in my notebooks. My stick figures are not going to get any better if I don’t have the time to practice!

And that’s exactly what I told Naomi as she was shoving a new date outfit into my arms.

“You’ll have plenty of time for doodling and reading tomorrow,” she said with hands on her hips (it’s like a natural reflex). “Plus, you should be so proud of yourself! You’ve reached the halfway mark! Be excited! Do a happy dance or something.”

I crossed my arms with a frown. “It’s only been five dates so far? I haven’t even gone on my sixth date! This is taking forever!”

“Give yourself a little slack. Remind yourself it’s been over a month since the bet started. That’s pretty impressive for such a social hermit as you.”

I glared, “I’m not a hermit.”

She rolled her eyes, as if my statement wasn’t true. “Just try on the outfit, would you?”

I stuck my tongue out and turned into the bathroom to change. The outfit was a pretty simple one, but it had to include a skirt because it was a dinner date. I still didn’t see how Bobbi’s Burgers was considered a restaurant, but I guess if it has waiters and waitresses, I really couldn’t argue.

Naomi let out a squeal as she curled my hair, “I honestly don’t see how any guy in their right mind wouldn’t ask you out. You are so beautiful!”

“Maybe it’s my tendency to prefer fictional characters over real guys?” I guessed with a smirk. Still, I couldn’t help but feel touched by her comment.

She rolled her eyes and continued to get me ready for my date.

***

“Remember, just stick with a good attitude and you’ll be fine,” Danny advised as he opened my door.

Yeah, look how well that’s worked out,” I mumbled as my feet hit the pavement.

Naomi gave me a look. “Well, were you having a good time on those dates?”

I stared at her. She’s got to be joking, right? She’s read those date reviews; she knows what’s going on inside my head. All these dates have been like hell to me! The only perk is getting good food. And sometimes that wasn’t even an option.

“See? You may look like you’re having fun on the outside, which is good if you want practice for becoming the next top actress, but if you actually want to enjoy yourself, you have feel it on the inside too,” Nay explained.