Chapter 18: Sometimes the Best Dates are Playdates

Hello people who read this! Wow, is pretty much all I can say, besides thank you so much for all of your reads, votes, and comments! The 10,000 reads mark is now behind us and that is super amazing!! Thank you all again and I hope you enjoy this next chapter!

***************************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 18: Sometimes the Best Dates are Playdates

“You were the one being stupid,” I said to Logan in the midst of our argument that Monday afternoon. All of us were gathered at our regular lunch table for the story of my previous date, but aside from Logan, Gwen, and I, the rest were pretty surprised at what happened before my date. I couldn’t blame them.

“If you saw and heard yourself on Saturday, then you would agree that my stupidness was nowhere near yours,” Logan retorted. “Me letting you fall is very small when in comparison to your ‘I love everything! Let’s lay on the ground and make snow angels!’”

“That’s only because somebody thought it would be fun to drop me on my head,” I spat.

Because Gwen told me to help,” he faced his sister.

Because Piper didn’t shave her legs properly,” Gwen turned to me.

Danny raised his hand, “Yeah, um, ewww. Can we all just admit that this was Piper’s fault? Because I honestly don’t want to hear about the furriness of my best friend’s legs.”

“My legs were not furry,” I huffed as I crossed my arms.

I heard Logan choke back a laugh, “Hate to break this to you Pippi, but your legs were nearing caterpillar central.”

My cheeks started to heat up. “Oh yeah? And what were you doing checking out my legs?”

He looked taken aback for a moment, but then gained his stature back. “I was seeing if you had any fleas. You did go out with cat boy last weekend, remember?”

“Ugh, don’t make me. And hey!” I yelled as I slapped him upside the head. “For your information, I do not have fleas, never have and never will.”

Uh-huh,” he smirked as he nudged my leg with his.

“I do not!” I shoved him back.

We stopped giving each other petty physical abuse when Ryan cleared his throat. “As entertaining as this is to watch, and it is very, I think you should call your argument to a halt.”

“Yeah, in case Logan decides to go berserk again and knock Pipe out of her consciousness again,” Danny replied with a mouth full of peanut butter and jelly.

Logan let out an irritated sigh. “How many times do I have to tell you guys it was an accident?”

Naomi shrugged. “Until we get old and senile and can’t remember how to tell the truth from a lie.”

He looked at me. “Remind me again why I hang out with you?”

“Because I’m so irresistible,” I batted my eyes.

He laughed somewhat forcefully (maybe it wasn’t that funny to him) and took a bite out of his apple.

“Uh, if irresistibility was the case, then that award would go to me,” Ryan said with an exaggerated hair flip.

“No,” Logan cringed, “it wouldn’t.”

Gwen smirked and leaned forward to ask, “What are all of you guys doing on Friday afternoon?”