Chapter 11: Dangerous Driving and Zombie Attacks at Sleepovers

Hello there! I'm so happy at how much I'm actually sticking with this story! It's been so fun to write and thanks to everybody who has commented or voted. Even one of those things is very much appreciated!! :D Well enough of my garble, enjoy the chapter!

***************************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 11: Dangerous Driving and Zombie Attacks at Sleepovers

“Everybody, this is Ryan,” I introduced him to my other friends. “Don’t freak him out. I might need him later on,” I laughed.

Ryan chuckled along while the others gave me a confused look. Logan just flicked an olive across his plate with a bored expression. He must be tired today.

As Ryan sat down next to me, I spilled the details about what had happened on Saturday, handcuffs and all. I then gave an explanation about my whole betting situation to Ryan as well as some background on my previous dates.

“You got stuck in a restroom window?” he asked with eyebrows raised so high, I wouldn’t have been surprised if they had popped off his forehead.

I nodded sadly. “That’s how I met Gwen. She’s the one who got me out.”

“I helped too,” I heard Logan murmur on the other side of me.

I looked over and gave him a small smile, happy to hear him finally talking. “You did no such thing. You’re sister practically had to beg you to help me.”

He smirked. “Still helped.”

I rolled my eyes and turned back to everyone else.

Nay had been counting everybody that was at the table. “Oh my goodness! I just figured something out. We’re exactly like Friends! There’s three girls and three guys, its perfect.”

Ryan titled up his head and bounced his eyebrows, “‘How you doin’?”

Naomi let out a little squeal, “See?!”

I shook my head, trying to suppress my smile.

Gwen pointed her fork at Ryan, “I’ve seen you before, but I don’t know where. Are you on some kind of sports team?”

“I’m a swimmer,” he flashed her a grin.

Color seemed to rise to her cheeks as she bobbed her head back in response. Ryan started to get up from the table, “I’ll be right back, I’m going to visit some friends and grab a water.”

His shoes squeaked against the lunchroom floor, but it was soon drowned out as he moved further away.

“So…” I lengthened my pause to give it dramatic effect. “What do you guys think of him?’

Naomi smiled. “Look at you, Pipe! Making new friends in such a quick amount of time. I’m so proud!” She put an arm around Danny’s waist and leaned her head on his shoulder. “We did good, we did good.”

I shrugged. “I’m just happy to see that there are people that will help someone out, no matter what circumstances they’re in.”

“Whatever it is, you’re certainly opening up,” Danny grinned. “That’s what we wanted you to get out of this bet. Well, that’s what I wanted at least. Nay mostly wants you to find a boyfriend so we can do all that double-date couple junk.”

“That might not be for long,” Gwen smiled mischievously. That was another thing she had in common with her brother. Those smiles may seem cute at first, but they have a scary underlying message. “Ryan seems like quite the keeper.”