"I'm sorry.." "Me too."

Hunter POV
The sound of tall grass blowing in the wind danced around us, crickets chirped, the water crashed against itself and owls hooted. The moonlight shined on the water like diamonds. The wind was cold and made my hair move away from my ears, blowing up slightly.

Your POV
Away from the hustle and bustle of town, the stars were bright and proud. The leaves of the trees rustled, making the environment even more tranquil than you could imagine. I'm short, it was practically the setting of a romance novel.

"Do you.. only read textbooks?" I inquired. "Hm?" Hunter asked, his eyes flickering to me like the sparks of a flame. "What else is there?" He laughed. Romance, came to mind first, but that's a little bit embarrassing. Especially to admit that's what I'd been comparing this to. "Hello? What else is there?" "Stories." "Like what?"

Hunter POV
"Romance." She sighed. "You think I'm a romance reader?" "No- No- It's just- No... I was thinking this is so calm. It'd be nice to read at.. it's almost like a- a romance novel." "I see." "I take it you're not a romance fan?" She groaned. "Who says I'm not?" I laughed.

"Are you?" She perked up. "No.." "Oh." "But who says I couldn't be?" I asked. "What?" "Maybe if you introduced me to a good romance book.. I mean- I could try.. reading one or two." "..What?" "I just mean, I could give it a shot.. you know?" I glanced to her eyes, feeling desperately embarrassed. She laughed.

Your POV
"Is that.. bad?" "No, not at all." I reassured. "It's just funny, thinking of the golden guard as a romance fan." "Golden guard.." He sighed, sadness true in his voice. "I- I'm sorry." "Its fine." He mumbled.

Hunter POV
"Is it really that funny?" "What?" "Me.. reading romance?" I almost whispered. "Hm.." She smiled faintly. "I can see it." She laughed a little.

Your POV
"Does it, make you sad?" I asked. It had just hit me how much Hunter had given up for me, I think part of it, was for him as well. I think it wasn't all about me, leaving the castle gave him well, freedom. Still, he's technically homeless, lost his only family and any social status he had was gone.

Plus he's probably on the run from the castle now which, is definitely not good.

Hunter POV
"Does what?" I asked with a quirked eyebrow. "Not being the golden guard anymore." "A little." I admitted. "Oh." "But.." "But?" She looked at me hopefully. "Not as sad as being trapped made me. A balcony can only do so much. Plus, you make me so happy it's easy to forget about all that."

Your POV
"Really?" I asked. "No.." He admitted. "It was all true except, as happy as you make me, it's not easy to forget. Not easy for anyone. I can't pretend none of that happened, cause it did. But, guess what?"

"What?" "You make it tolerable. You remind me I have someone to talk to when it gets hard. Someone who cares, more than Emperor Belos probably would've ever cared." I leaned onto his shoulder, content with that answer.

Hunter POV
Y/N, is very warm and comforting. The way she presses into my shoulder and she lays on me feels.. nice. I feel like I could slip into this moment and maybe never think again.

"I'm sorry." She sniffed away a tear, I felt a tear drop slip roll down my body, landing on mg shoulder and sliding further. "Sorry..?" "That- That you have to live like this.. I'm sorry. It's my fault, that you lost.. everything." She slipped over her words.

I wanted to say okay but.. it's not. It's really not okay, it's not her fault but, it's also not okay. I wrapped my arms around her, choking back a sob.

Your POV
We sat in silence for a few moments, crickets and wind filled the air but he didn't speak.. and neither did I. What was I supposed to say? "I don- I don't blame you. I love you." He said finally.

"I- I love- I love you too." I sniffled. "I am sorry though." I sighed. "I'm sorry as well." She groaned. "For what?" "A lot. Bringing you on stage even when I knew that it'd make you the enemy of quite a few fans.. Moving in unexpectedly." He joked. I shoved him in the shoulder.

Hunter POV
Y/N gave me a kiss on the cheek but this time I wasn't as surprised. I smiled, "Wanna go around the lake for a while? Everyone else should come back soon.. right?" I asked. "Sure, you're pretty strong right?" "..yeah? Why?" "Think you could paddle on your own." She asked with a big grin.

"Definitely." I laughed. "Great!" She tossed me her paddle. "Hm?" I questioned her but instead of a reply she threw her head into my lap. Looking up at me with a smile. "You're really cute, you know?" She giggled.

Your POV
Hunter leaned down and kissed the tip of my nose, "I've been told that." He laughed. I fiddled with his hand as he rowed around the lake.

Hunter POV
I tried to stay focus on the beautiful landscape around me and not the gorgeous girl laying in my lap who's playing with my hand and oh, yeah, laying in my lap just generally being adorable. I noticed a bush of small purple flowers by the edge of the water, large yellow flower and a small fish swimming through the water beside the canoe.