Shopping in town

Hunter POV

I arrive in town, landing in the woods next to the shops. I'm trying to draw as little attention as possible. I walk into the first store I see. I don't hang around here often enough to be able to navigate the stores well. Sure, I'm around here but working, but definitely not browsing or shopping. I walk into the store and am immediately enveloped in the scent of flowers and fruits. It's a makeup store, and several ladies had come up to me to have me test new colognes and perfumes. One lady sprays me with a citrusy cologne, another with cinnamon, and another with lemon. I wave them away, then figure I would need one to help me pick a cologne. I found one of the ladies and asked her to help me pick one "Of course!" she chirped. She said it in that annoying customer service voice. She dragged me to an aisle well-stocked with all kinds of cologne. "What cologne do you usually wear young man?" She smiled. "Ah, I don't usually wear cologne," I said.

"Oh, first time here?"

"Yeah."

She held up several bottles "This one smells like cedar wood." Definitely not for me. "No, thank you," I grimaced.

"Lavender?"

"Anything a little less.. plain?"

"Peppermint?" I shook my head. "Not feeling it."

"Vanilla? Simple, but definitely does the trick." She said, desperation creeping into her voice. "Could I smell it first?"

"Of course." She said, victorious. She pulled my hand and sprayed it onto my wrist. "This is the one, I'll take it." I announced. "How much?"

"For Mr. Golden guard on his big day at the ball? Free. Just come back soon to get more!" She smiled. I returned the gesture and waved goodbye, exiting the store.

Your POV

I knocked on the large door in front of me, I'd been here dozens of times for sleepovers, haircuts, and all sorts of things. At first, Mrs. Blight had scowled whenever she saw me, but by now she's grown to just ignore me. Amity opens the door, "Not Luz." she mumbled under her breath, disappointed.

"Hey Amity, how's it going?" I asked casually, Amity was like a little sister to me.

"Good, (Y/N). Luz is coming over for dress shopping today. You're lucky I got to the door before mom, she's in an extra bad mood today." She winced. "EMIRA, (Y/N)'S HERE! HURRY UP!"

"Oh yeah, I just remembered, I got you a present," I said smiling.

"Hm?"

"Put your hand out." She obliged. "Now close your eyes." Amity was cautious, a natural effect of having the twins as her siblings. I placed two matching heart necklaces into Amity's hand. "For you and Luz." I grinned. Amity turned bright pink but thanked me profusely anyway.

Emira ran up to us "Aww, embarrassing mittens without me? You know that's my favorite!" she said with a pout. Amity kicked Emira in the shin before shutting the door behind her. Emira had her hair down. It floated around her, unruly strands sticking out. Her bangs were perfectly curled. Makeup crisp and fresh, an orange-yellow eyeshadow that matched her eyes with a sharp winged eyeliner. Eyelashes that fluttered when she blinked. She was dressed in black doc martens, ripped jeans and a Hexside t-shirt. She had a necklace with a small crest and her earrings were teal like her hair. She had obviously messed with her hair today, it seemed a little trimmed, perfectly curled and a sweet smell wafted off her suggesting it was freshly washed.

"Who are you waiting for? Let's get going!" She laughed, gesturing for me to follow her into the day ahead of us.