Viney saves the day

Hunter POV
I dropped my staff, the spell on the girl deactivating. "No!" I freaked out. The girl dove at Emira, scratching her collar bones while the guy jumped towards me concocting a slimy green spell circle I really didn't want to see what it did. Y/N's face fell, she looked between the both of us as if not sure who to help. Edric however ran towards Viney and Jerbo.

Your POV
Great, I'm going to die to this crazy girl who's in love with my boyfriend and her freaking boyfriend on a day that was supposed to be awesome. This is how I'll die. I already almost drowned, what a great day this is turning out to be. Me, my boyfriend, and my two best friends all dying right here.

All of a sudden Viney's pigeon beast thing came flying, beak grazing my nose and all of a sudden there was no nails dug in my skin, no pain flying through my body. I looked up to see Viney smiling at us, not a normal, happy smile, a fierce, passionate one. Hunter pushed the guy to the floor, "Now what?" I asked. Viney whistled and the pigeon flew back around, holding the girl in one talon and scooping the guy up into his beak.

Hunter POV
"Are they.. going to be alright?" I glanced between Y/N and the girl in front of me who might've just killed two people, not that I could really talk on that subject. "They'll be fine... right?" Emira replied. "Yeah, I'm a healer guys. No murder here, just dropped off in town at the foot of the nearest guard. Along with a short letter explaining their crimes." She said nodding to Edric. "Wow." I mumbled.

Your POV
"Y/N, are you okay?" Viney said looking me up and down. "Fine." I said sarcastically. "Sorry, dumb question." "It's fine." I had no reason to be mad at Viney, she's the one who saved me but to be honest I was pissed at everyone, for no good reason.

Hunter POV
I watched blood drip from a gash across Y/N's thigh, why hadn't I seen her earlier? Why hadn't I been able to save her before she'd been hurt? "Viney, you're a healer right." I asked. "Mhm!" She hummed. "Bandages?" "Got em'" "I'll carry Y/N to a picnic table." "Alright."

Your POV
"Y/N, let me carry you." Hunter insisted. "Alright." I sighed. He scooped me into his arms, the cut on my leg stung as I laid onto his arms. I flinched and he looked down at me, "Sorry." He said. We got to the table and he helped me lay on top of it as like a make shift hospital bed.

Hunter POV
I watched as Viney used the water bottle Edric had fetched to wipe the blood off Y/N's leg before bandaging it then wiping the dried blood off Y/N's lips and stomach. I felt myself grimace as I watched her, all beat up. Finally Viney enchanted the bandage to be waterproof and stay on then used a spell to make Y/N, sort of float a little. She was still walking on the ground but it took most of the weight off her sore leg.

"Wow, that was.. really impressive." I complimented. "Thanks." She said smugly. "Hunter, wanna go swimming?" She asked. "Yeah, let's go." I replied sheepishly. We walked, I didn't help her, I tried to put her arm over my shoulders but she pushed me away. She wasn't limping, she walked a little slower than usual but not a huge difference.

Your POV
"Hunter, do a flip." I smiled. "Flip?" "Yeah, flip into the water." He laughed before shooting me a smile, "Fine." He flipped into the water before landing and looking back at me. His hair was in his face like a wet dog and he gave me a huge smile as he looked up at me.

I eased my way into the water, slowly moving further in. Hunter stood near by, reaching out to help me but I shoved him off, "I got it." "Fine." He rolled his eyes.

Hunter POV
Jeez she is pretty stubborn. Finally she got into the water, leaning next to me. "Did you win the race?" "Yeah." I sighed. "Wish I could've been there." "Well if I'm not wrong.. you still owe me a kiss." I said leaning in. "You're not wrong." She said ducking in closer.

Our lips connected, her lips tasting like salty water. I wrapped my arm around her pulling her closer to me. Her hand moved to my hair, messing with it as we swayed.