The Dinner

Next day, morning:

Haseena called Anubhav in the first morning.

"Hello"came his sleepy voice from the other side of the phone.For some reason his sleepy voice always erupts butterflies in her stomach.

"Good morning, Anu. Aap abhi tak so rahe hain?"she glanced at the clock showing  8 o' clock.

"Woh kal raat Zara der se soye the...bataiye aapne kyun phone kiya tha?"

"Kyun hum bewajah aapko phone nahi kar sakte?"

"Bilkul kar sakti hain..parantu itni subha aap bewajah phone nahi karengi..kyunki aapko office bhi jana hain.Isiliye zaroor koi zaroori baat batane k liye phone kiya hain taaki baadmein bhul na jaye."He spoke making her smile at how well he knows her.

"Bilkul sahi..darasal hum soch rahe the ki kyun na aaj hum sab saath mein dinner karein.Hum khud khana banayenge..toh kya aap aayenge shaam ko humare ghar?"

"Bilkul aajayenge Jaan."

"Thik hain phir hum rakhte hain(pauses for a second)..aur suniye....I love You."she said blushing.

"I love you too."he replied and she hung up the phone.
——————
Evening:

Everyone had gathered in Haseena's living room except Anubhav who was busy in some business meeting.
Haseena glanced at the wall clock and murmured
"Poune aath baj gaye,Anubhav abhi tak nahi aaye!"That's when the door bell rang.She ran to open the door while others chuckled at her eagerness.An ear to ear smile formed on her face seeing the person infront.Anubhav without caring that others were there took her in a warm hug.

"Aap late hain!"she said with a pout.

"Sorry,jaan meeting Zara lamba chala...Bohot bhook lagi hain...sidha khane pe baithe?"He said cutely.

"Sure..par pahele haath muh dhokar aaiyee"she said smiling.

Neil was looking at the exchange between Anuseena when Avni nudged him and asked "kya dekh rahe ho?"

"Kuch nahi..bas aise hi."

Neil's pov:

Yakin nahi hota ki yeh wahi Anubhav Singh hain..jiske saamne baat karne se bhi sab kaanpte hain..underworld k itne bade gangster,Singh Industries k maalik aur ek Haseena k saamne inki nahi chalti(chuckled in mind)..sach kahete hain log pyar mein bohot taqat hoti hain...humare patthar jaise Bhai ko bhi pighla diya...
Hey bhagwan,inndono ko humesha aise hi khush rakhna...mere bhai bohot pyar karte hain Haseena se...bakiyon ki tarha usse bhi Bhai se dur mat karna...bhai ko ateet k saare gham bhulwa dena aur unhe humesha khush rakhna.
————————
All were enjoying the delicacies prepared by Haseena along with lots of talking and laughter among themselves.Although Anubhav wasn't taking much part in their conversation but he was happy seeing Haseena happy.

"Nahi sach mein Haseena kya khana banaya hain..man kar raha hain tere haath chum lun."He said making AS frown.HM laughed at his comment and forwarded her hand but to slap his hand that was on the table.

"Tujhe yaad hain Haseena woh class 11 ka woh Vikram?"Aditya asked.

"Haan yaar...har roz mujhse tiffin mangta tha aur phir kaisi cheesey lines bolta tha tareef k liye."She left out a chuckle.

"Aur yaad hain 4panne ka love letter likha tha tere liye."He said and Haseena laughed hard on this.

"Apka school mein koi boyfriend tha jaan?"He asked letting out a forceful smile.

"Arey nahi Mr.singh. Par deewane iske kahin saare the...aur ho bhi kyun na humari Hasi hain hi itni haseen."said Aditya.

"Chup raho tum."Haseena spoke giving a friendly kick to Aditya who laughed out loud.

But all these didn't went well with Anubhav.He looked at Haseena who forcefully stuffed a Gulabjamun in Aditya's mouth as he was trying to say something.

"Pata hain Aditya Humare office mein ek Naya ladka aaya hain..Usko Haseena pasand hain..bahane dhundta hain isse baat karne ka."Avni also joined in the convo.

All of them failed to notice the changing expression of Anubhav.His insecurities were kicking in.It was not that he didn't trusted her ,he had immense trust on her but he didn't trust the world,his fate which has always snatched away his dear ones from him and this time he can't afford to lose her.

"Kya hua Bhai aap kuch kha kyun nahi rahe?"Neil questioned bringing him out of his trance.

"Nahi..bas humara pet bhar gaya."He said pushing his plate a little.

"Jaan hum bohot thake hue hain...aaplog baatein kijiye hum chalte hain."He said getting up from his chair.

Haseena's face fell on hearing that...she wanted to spend sometime with him after dinner.But she thought he was actually tired so didn't stop him.

"Koi baat nahi Anubhav,aap ghar jaakar rest kijiye." She said understandingly.

"Haseena ne ek baar hume rukne k liye bhi nahi kaha...shyad unhe apne dosto k saath waqt bitane ka man hain abhi..."He thought.

"Thik phir hum chalte hain."He said and went to the door picking his coat up that was on the sofa.

After Anubhav went Aditya spoke

"Mr.Singh shayad hum sabki faltu baaton se pareshan hokar chale gaye."

"Nahi Adi..aisi baat nahi hain..shayad kaam ka tention hain"Haseena said and looked at Neil.

"Haa..aaj kal business ko lekar kaafi pareshan hain bhain"he too defended his brother.

"Yaa...after all top most position banaye rakhana kitna difficult hain."Aditya said supporting their statement.

(I know this chapter was short and kinda boring but was necessary for building up the story.So pardon me and stay tuned cause the real story is gonna start in the next chapter.)
————————
Precap: A new threat.
————————
Things were going all fine till now..but this is the calm before the storm..
Something is going to happen...
————————
Do vote and comment if you liked the chapter.
Thank You.