ok so just blame me i guess. "i think something blew the lid off mine…" dont fucking blame me crow bitch. 

the man looked unhappy

"the culprit appears to be that familiar of yours. you're the one insisted on bringing it, so curtailing its behavior is your responsibility! but now is not the time for such a prattle." 

yeah sure just victim blame, he looked at me before speaking again "you've a student orientation to attend! go on, now. make haste." he said before grabbing my arm 

I'm using common sense here. I'm not following a stranger "first, just tell me one thing: who are you?" 

he looked at me with confusion "hm? have you not fully regained consciousness? the timespace teleportation must have addled your memories…"  what the actual fuck did he just say "well, these things happen, i suppose. I shall explain it to you while we walk. truly, my magnanimity is boundless."  he need to shut the fuck up

so anyway we began walking quietly until i heard him clearing his throat "this is night raven college. It is an institution for students the world over who demonstrate a rare aptitude for magic. It is the most prestigious academy of its sort in all of twisted wonderland. and i am Dire Crowley. Having been entrusted with its care by the chairman, I serve as headmage." 

I paused… "magic?!" 

he paused, turning to look at me before continuing " only those who the dark mirror perceives as having a talent for magic are admitted to the college. Those who are selected are summoned to the campus through those 'gates' which can appear anywhere. a black carriage bearing one such gate should have come to meet you." 

oh..i remember that now "i do kinda remember crossing a dark forest…" 

"that black carriage serves to receive a student chosen by the dark mirror. it too bears a gate that connects to this campus. and as you know, sending a carriage to meet someone on a special day is a time-honored tradition." 

yes nothing like a time-honored tradition to kidnap me "so this carriage dragged me here against my will?" 

grim didn't seem to like that as his calm frame started to thrash around again and he muffled a scream "Mmfff! Mmmmmmfff!" 

Crowley didn't seem to mind my question as he continued "Now, let us attend your orientation." 

as we walked and walked we finally got back to where i started, i see what seems to be every student.

a red headed boy was the first i heard speak "we're done with orientation and dorm assignments?" he looked at the others before continuing "all right, new students–let me be clear. at hertslabyul house, I am the law. break the rules, and it's off with your head!" 

a boy..no, man?..boy?... The boy with lion ears let out a yawn and spoke next "well, that ceremony was as boring as ever. I'm going back to the dorm. if you're savanaclaw house, follow me." a boy with glasses exchanged a glance before speaking his part "new students! allow me to be the first to congratulate you on your achievement. As dorm leader of octavinelle house, I am honored to have the opportunity to support you in what I hope will be a fulfilling campus experience." 

an extremely handsome boy spoke next "hey, does anyone know where the headmage went? he disappeared midway through the ceremony…" a voice from a tablet added on to what he said "some headmage he is.."  a boy with red eyes was definitely giving him the benefit of doubt "maybe he had a tummy ache?" 

Crowley definitely didn't like that  "I most certainly did not!" god i hate all these fucking idiots, the red headed boy snapped his head around to face us "ah, speack of the devil." 

Crowley scoffed before saying "if you must know, i was searching for the new student who'd failed to show up for orientation," he paused and turned to face me "you are the only one who has yet to be assigned a dorm. step up to the dark mirror, and be quick about it. I'll watch your weasel." grim let out a "grrrrr!"

I stepped up to the dark mirror "state your name." I took a deep breath before saying my name "i'm y/n…"  the dark mirror repeated "y/n… the nature of your soul is…" it paused taking a minute before continuing "....unclear to me." 

Crowley didn't seem to like that answer "what did you just say?" I held my breath as I gave a slight look around, keeping my eyes to the ground. the dark mirror spoke again "i sense no magical power from this one. soundless. colorless. shapeless. utterly vacant. therefore, no dorm would be appropriate." 

Crowley took a deep breath before speaking "are you suggesting that the black carriage went to receive a person who cannot even use magic?" anyone could easily hear the slight anger in his voice. "but that is absurd! The student selection process has not erred once in its century of existence! how could this have happened?" 

grim began thrashing around again "mmmph! nnnrgggh…" he gasped as a hand was removed from his mouth "ME! let ME have this student's seat!" 

Crowley was quick to try and shut him down "not so fast, you hyperactive weasel!" but grim ignored him and continued "unlike that human, i can actually use magic! So let me be a student here! look, I'll show you! my spells're the cat's meow!" 

the red headed boy quickly acted "everyone, get down!" grim let out a large explosion of fire catching the boy with red eyes on fire " AHHHHHHH! HELP! I'm on fire over here!" 

"someone catch that blasted animal before it sets the entire school ablaze!" Crowley yelled out. 

the boy with lion ears looked around awkwardly before speaking "ugh. Can I go now, or…?" 

the handsome boy smirked before speaking "oh? I thought you fancied yourself a hunter. go and help yourself to that plump little morsel!" "too much effort. do it yourself." the boy with lion ears scoffed. 

The boy with glasses probably decided to take the opportunity to get participation credits and began to speak "allow me to handle this, headmage crowley. If none of you are up to the task of catching a small animal, I will accept the responsibility." 

a voice from the tablet spoke up "WTG azul. rackin' up those participation credits." so the boy with glasses is azul, also i don't know who the tablet boy is but i like him.

the boy with red eyes spoke up "hey, um, my butt's still on fire… could someone maybe put this out?!" poor boy cant put it out himself can he? 

"I'm sorry, were my instructions unclear?!" crowley snapped the boy with lion ears sighed "preeetty sure you can handle catching one mangy weasel all on your lonesome there, headmage." 

grim look really fucking upset "how many time do i gotta say it? I'm grim, spellcaster extraordinaire! I am NOT a weasel!" 

azul spoke up "aren't you a spunky little fellow?" he looked over to the red headed boy "riddle, would you be so kind…?" ah so the red headed boy's name is riddle ok

"furry miscreant. I will abide no rule-breaking. you will be judged by my hand" riddle said 

-------------
hope to see yall at the next chapter