°16

"hey, how did it go?" seungmin was the first to ask the moment sodam reached home.

sodam looked up to see his face filled with concern. she gave him a smile, one hand patting his arm lightly. "fine... it was just gastric, like i told you before." the lie flowed out so naturally.

well, she can't be telling him that she's pregnant, right? not when practically everyone is aware of the nature of the "relationship" between chan and her.

a sigh can be heard coming from seungmin. he clearly looks dissatisfied with what she said.

"i'm seriously going to tell ms. han and chaeyeon to force you to eat from now on..." he mumbled, earning a surprised look from the woman in front of him.

"hey, now- there's no need for that. i will make sure to eat from now on!" she raised her hand, swearing on her words.

seungmin raised an eyebrow, judging her. "and how can i believe you? it might be empty words coming from you." he crossed his arms.

upon seeing that he doubted her, she pouted.

"seriously... i promise! if i break my promise-" she paused, thinking.

he interrupted, "and if you break your promise?"

"...you can personally force me to eat or tell them to do so..." sodam whispered in a resigned tone.

seungmin hummed in satisfaction. "then, i'll be asking them on your eating status everyday. you better keep your promise or else-" he warned her.

"alright, boss. i'll eat well, so don't worry about me." she gives him a thumbs out, smiling cheekily. seungmin pinched her cheek when she jokingly called him "boss".

there is no way she would skip her meals now that there is a growing life inside her. if anything, she'd do her best to make sure it grows well with no complication due to her own self-neglect.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

with each passing day, sodam only grew restless and fidgety. she's afraid of how chan would react when she tells him about her pregnancy.

as much as she wants to never see or talk to him ever again, she can't exactly keep it hidden forever, right? not when she's living under his roof. that aside, even if she did manage to hide her pregnancy, what should when it's time for her to give birth? sure, maybe she can just pretend to go on a vacation for some time, but she can't imagine the look they would give her the moment she comes back with a baby out of nowhere.

such a plan sounds ridiculous enough to execute.

that aside, there's also no guarantee on how big her bump might turn out as her pregnancy term goes on...

a long, heavy sigh escaped her lips.

"what's up with the long face? you've been out of it lately... something troubling you?" chaeyeon interrupted sodam's train of thoughts.

the helper handed a mug of hot tea towards her, in which she accepted gratefully. the warmth from the mug gave her a sense of comfort as she held onto it with both hands.

having taken a small sip of the hot tea, she let out a satisfying sigh.

"...don't worry, it's nothing. thanks for being concerned about me though" sodam smiled as she said that.

well, there's no way she's admitting the truth as to what got her so worried and restless. she still has so much to figure out before she could decide on telling anyone about it.

however, chaeyeon was obviously unconvinced by sodam's response. it's not like she isn't aware of how the woman liked keeping her feelings and worries all to herself. but, chaeyeon hoped that sodam would at least remember that both ms. han and her would always be by her side, supporting their cherished sodam.