°°8

honestly, sodam has no idea on what she is supposed to expect as she holds onto the status of the wife of chan. the fine, but sadly cold young man is so hard to break. never once did he bother to show her any sort of affection. or attention, at all. all he ever gave her were only the cold treatment, and some harsh words if she gets on his nerve or something.

that day, sodam spent hours to cook the meals chan favoured -according to his mother-, only to be rejected without even being spared a glance. like the saying, all her efforts went down the drain.

it was a pretty late night, and she waited for the return of her husband-by-name since hours ago. that was until he finally came back.

"welcome home, chan. i have prepared dinner earlier.. shall we eat?" she looked at him with hopeful eyes.

she really hoped that he would say yes.

"no need. i have eaten outside. didn't i tell you to stay away and don't bother doing wife-related things?" he said in a cold manner.

"well, i.. it's still my supposed responsibility as a wife even if you don't acknowledge me as one..." she mumbled.

looking up at him, she continued. "i'm not working anymore after you told me to quit my job.. but my point here is that i don't want to be a total freeloader in this house, chan. i want to make it up to you by doing something. can't i even do that?" she decided to be bold for a bit.

however, the young ceo remained his composure despite her words. he finally looked at her, dead in the eyes.

"look, if you're trying to get my attention.. forget it. you won't be getting any by doing anything." he stated before heading upstairs towards his room, leaving her speechless downstairs.

"so much hate, i'm not trying to get your attention!" she yelled, losing her temper.

all she's trying to be is just a good wife, can't he just comply and help her fulfil her god damn responsibility?

when she saw the dinner she prepared earlier, she immediately felt like breaking down all over again. even if he isn't willing to eat the meal she cooked, can't he at least accompany her?

right, of course he won't. he doesn't want anything to do with her after all.

she missed eating meals with her mother. why must she marry someone who wouldn't invest some time on her, out of all people?

for real though, the fact that chan's family practised the rule 'everyone in the house must eat together at all time' didn't help much. it just hurts her more when chan doesn't want to eat with her.

she lost all the appetite she had when she sat alone at the dining table. the feeling of emptiness hit her so hard.

sodam let out a big sigh. is this really how it's going to be?

in the end, she ended up starving herself once again. dark thoughts clouded her mind. why bother living if it's going to be this way anyway. better starve herself while at it.

okay, she's actually sulking. however, it's all pointless anyway..

chan simply wouldn't care.

that night, she once again went to sleep with an empty stomach. still, it's nothing compared to her upset heart. food can always heal an upset stomach, but what about an upset heart? no one can help her with it.

• • • • •

the next few days, sodam managed to not mind chan's existence. she feels bad because that just shows that she is doing bad as a wife.