Chapter 7- "Finally"

Nobody's POV

...When Chris' lips touched Street's, he fell silent. He put a hand on her neck and pulled her closer. The kiss, which had just been gentle, became more intense and more and more filled with desire. Street's other hand was now on her waist, bringing Chris' body closer to his. He turned so that Chris was now underneath him. She enjoyed it as he kissed her neck. After a while he stopped, straightened up and pulled Chris up with him. Street pushed Chris lightly against the wall and they kissed again. She paused to take off her high heels and catch her breath, then unbuttoned his shirt and he let it fall to the floor. Chris stared at his muscles, which made him grin. Street's eyes found hers and their lips met again. Even more stormy and desirous. Chris wrapped her legs around his hips and he carried her to the bedroom. Once there, Street gently laid Chris on the bed without stopping to kiss her. He unzipped her dress and took it off while she started undoing the buttons of his pants. His hands had reached the clasp of her bra as he looked at her and asked:

"Are you sure you want this?"

"Yes Street." She said and pulled him closer to her....

Street POV

The next morning I woke up. Chris' head was on my shoulder and she had snuggled close to me. I gently stroked her cheek. She woke up and looked into my eyes smiling. Oh man, I love this woman. 

"So you don't regret last night?" i asked.

"Are you crazy? I don't regret a single second." Laughed she.

"I didn't think anything like that would ever happen. Not after your rejection." I Admitted.

She took a deep breath. "Listen Street, that night you're talking about... I hate to admit it, but I cried all night after that. I remember exactly what I wanted to tell you, but I didn't say anything because I didn't want to get us in trouble. Do you want to know what I wanted to tell you?" she asked, her eyes filled with tears.

I just nodded, because I didn't know what I should have said.

"That I love you..." I looked at her in amazement. "Yes Street, I love you!" she said after noticing my look.

"I love you too Chris." I reinforced the expression by giving her a long kiss. She then leaned her forehead against mine.

"I'm so incredibly sorry I didn't tell you much sooner." Now a tear ran down Chris' face, which I gently wiped away.

"But I know now, and you were just trying to protect us, even if it hurt you." I comforted her.

"We really need to get up now! I have to train for my fitness test in two weeks." she said ten minutes later.

"Ok, but I need a kiss so I can get up!" I joked.

"You got it Sleeping Beauty." She replied and we laughed. Then she granted my wish and I started the day happily.

Chris' POV

Two weeks later

I had spent the last two weeks doing a lot of training (...and Street). The date for my fitness test was approaching and so slowly I was freaking out.

"Street, what if I don't pass the test tomorrow?" I asked him as we sat on the couch together.

"Chris, you are the strongest, most confident woman I know. You can do this!" he held me in his arms and gave me a kiss on the forehead.

I lay awake for a long time that night thinking about what would happen if I didn't pass the test. I wouldn't be able to go back to S.W.A.T., to my family....