Chapter 4- The Freedom of Love

Chris' POV

"I'm not going to let you sleep on the couch! I sleep there." I protested.

"Come on, your leg? I'm sure you're in pain. You're just not saying it."

Street was right, which I confirmed to him by my silence.

"See? Don't argue, I'll sleep on the couch and you'll sleep in my bed."

The thought was funny, but I didn't contradict him anymore, instead I limped over to the dining room table and sat down.

"Your place is nice." I remarked.

The apartment looked really great, very neat with big windows and dark wood furniture.

"Well, not everyone has great decorating skills like me." Joked Street.

I had to laugh.

"What's for dinner?" i looked at him.

"Um..." he began.

I had to laugh even harder. "Don't tell me you can't cook!"

"Well... no." He admitted.

"Ok, then you're learning now. Easiest thing ever: spaghetti with bolognese!" I determined.

He laughed. "I'm afraid we have to do some shopping first."

"Let's go then!" I stood up.

Street helped me out of the apartment, out to his car.

We bought everything we needed and returned to the apartment.

Street's POV

After Chris tried to awaken non-existent cooking skills in me, we had a huge flour fight where we were completely dusted, and the kitchen looked... interesting, dinner was finally on the table.

We couldn't stop laughing.

It was the funniest night ever and the food tasted amazing.

Afterwards, we sat on my big cream colored couch for a while watching different movies until Chris finally got tired.

"I'm about to fall asleep, better get to bed." She got up and limped to the bathroom.

"Do you need five minutes or more like three quarters of an hour?" I asked to tease her.

She answered without turning around. "Five minutes."

"Shoot, I'll have to hurry to make up the beds then." I said jokingly.

Chris laughed. "Your problem!"

I hurried and she really did come back after five minutes.

"I look terrible!" she complained.

"You don't!" I contradicted her.

Chris shrugged and limped on to my bedroom.

I followed her to get my alarm clock.

She lay down and contorted her face in pain.

"Chris! Are you okay?"

"Yeah, it just hurts like hell when my leg lies flat."

"Hang on, I'll get something." I left the room and returned a short time later with a pillow and pain pills.

"Thanks."

"Is that better?" I asked, still concerned.

"Yeah, it's fine, you don't have to worry." Answered Chris.

"Good night!" i ran to the door.

"Wait! Street?"

"Yeah...?" i asked.