Chapter 1- In Flames

Chris' POV

"Street, stop!" I whispered to him. We were in the locker room of S.W.A.T. headquarters, and I didn't want to risk anyone overhearing our conversation.

"But Chris... what is this?" he looked me in the eye, questioning. I couldn't resist his gaze. "What do you mean?"Of course I knew exactly what he meant, and I wanted to answer...but I couldn't, because I didn't know it myself.

"Come on Chris, you know what I'm talking about. There is something between us, but you don't give in to what you feel! Or have you forgotten that we kissed?" he put it exactly, but I had to think about my career. I worked hard to become part of the 20-Squad team. I still do, and sometimes you have to make sacrifices, even if it hurts. I'd like to tell him that he's right, that I love him, and it almost kills me to suppress those feelings. But I'm too cowardly, I'm too scared. Apart from that, I would never find the right words and would be too nervous to Tell him. So I stuck to my plan.

"I know how I feel, and that kiss was because of the alcohol. Understand?"

"Wow, that's how you see it? That kiss was the best and most emotional kiss I've ever had, and by the way, one I've wanted for a very long time."

The sadness and disappointment that sounded in his voice almost cut off my breath.

I was going to answer.

>Street, I have also wanted it for so long, and it was also the most wonderful kiss I have ever had. I love you! The alcohol was definitely not to blame.<

I didn't. Instead I turned around and pressed out one last painful sentence, before slamming the door behind me and fighting against the tears. To no avail.

Jim's (Street's) POV

"I didn't feel anything Street." Chris' words echoed painfully in my head. How could I imagine she would have feelings for me? I hit my locker, but then I pulled myself together and took a deep breath. It would be better for me to just forget Chris, but how am I supposed to do that? Since we were out of work, I put on my everyday clothes and wanted to leave the locker room. Before I could reach for the door handle, Tan stormed in. He looked upset.

"Hey, what's going on, Victor?"

"Everything is alright." He replied.

"If you mean... see you tomorrow." I moved to the door.

"See you tomorrow Street."

As soon as I had left the grey building and reached my motorcycle, the thoughts of just now came up again. I got angry. In order to react, I rode my motorcycle around the city for a few laps. I felt free. After an hour and a half, I parked my motorcycle in the garage in front of my apartment. Finally, I entered my home and spent a lonely evening.

Victor's (Tan's) POV

"Bonnie, are you home?" I shouted.

"Victor, I thought you weren't coming." She greeted me with a kiss and put her arms around me.

"Is everything all right?" asked Bonnie, apparently noticing my unhappy facial expression.

"It's about Chris. Could you talk to her?"

"Of course I can... What is it about?" she asked anxiously.

I walked into our living room while I continued talking.

"She came to meet me today at the headquarters, full of tears. When I asked her what was going on, she just said I should leave her alone and not tell anyone she was crying. Then she just left."