25 | Sunday, July 4th

"Alright, he's gone. We have an hour," Sam says, eyes looking up from his wrist gauntlet. In response, Tony grabs hold of Sam's arm and starts tapping away. "What the hell man?"

"Let me just... See? Done."

The feed from redwing appears on one of the screens in front of the conference table, showing a small figure running away from the Compound a few hundred feet below.

"Just tell me to do it next time," Sam grumbles, eyeing Tony with an annoyed face.

"Calm down, I won't break it, bird brain."

"If I got all up in your tech, you would have an aneurism."

"That's because my tech is my tech. Your tech is Air Force mixed with my tech. So if we're being honest, your tech is my tech."

"Uh, no. No, this suit is—"

"Alright, why don't we get started? We only have an hour," Nat interrupts, annoyances laced in her voice.

"Thank you," I mumble, giving Nat a small smile.

"Make him keep his hands off my tech."

"Sam, why don't you start with the hashbrowns?" I call pointedly.

Sam glares at Tony, but nods, heading to the back counter of the kitchen to start prepping the potatoes.

"Direct us, oh bossy one," Tony mocks, arms out like he's waiting for orders.

"Why don't you chop some onions in the corner?"

"We don't need onions," he counters.

"We don't need your attitude either."

"Ouch. I thought my attitude was what kept this team together." Everyone shares a look and Tony rolls his eyes. "I'll do the pancakes."

"I can cut up the fruit," Vis offers.

"I'll do the bacon once we have some room on the stove," Rhodey says.

"I'll do the sausages," Bruce offers.

"What about eggs? Do we want fried or scrambled?" Nat asks.

"Steve likes scrambled," Bucky says. "I can do them."

"I like this; we can sit and watch," Nat smiles at Wanda and I, dropping onto a stool.

"You can help shred the potatoes," Sam interjects, sliding a bowl and grater across the island to her.

"I was really trying to get out of work here, Wilson."

"No idle hands in a kitchen," he recites.

"In that case, I should help Vis with the fruit," Wanda nods.

"And I'll make more coffee," I say seriously. Sam sends me a glare but I just smile.

We work around each other, tossing everything into the oven as it finishes to keep it warm, and switching to help other jobs.

"He's on his way back," Sam says as he flips a hashbrown.

"Where did we put the candles?" I ask, looking around the mess of a kitchen.

"Top drawer beside the fridge," Bucky answers, gathering a few bowls and cooking utensils and dropping them into the sink.

I maneuver between Nat and Rhodey and pull the drawer open, grabbing the packages of candles and going the long way around the island.